Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A300 and WIn7 - cannot use media buttons

1. Satellite A300 and WIn7 - cannot use media buttons
    Beginner
    I have Satellite A300 laptop.

Recently I reinstalled my Windows 7 Pro x64 using update option (not clean install). So I kept my program and settings. However the media player panel (or whatever it is called) that lets me play, stop music, change songs etc. is not fully working. I can't use 2 "buttons": one that lets me turn on/off highlighting and the other one that turns media player on.
    I need them working. I tired Toshiba button support, but I don't know what to do there.

2. Re: Satellite A300 and WIn7 - cannot use media buttons
    Master
    Hello

What you must install is “Toshiba Value Added Package”. I use Win7 on my A300 and all buttons work perfectly. But I use 32bit version.
    I don’t know if your A300 is supported for Win7 64 bit but you can try to use THIS version.

Before you start installation remove old version, if exist, restart notebook and install this version.

I hope this will help you.

3. Re: Satellite A300 and WIn7 - cannot use media buttons
    Beginner
    Thanks.

I did what you said, but it seems that old settings are still stored somewhere deep in system even after uninstalling old version or buttons have never been assigned. And it all worked fine when I installed x64 win 7 for the first time last year. It asked me about these 2 buttons once and it was fine, expect panel being highlighted by default after turning on laptop and after sleep mode.

Message was edited by: krzyglo