Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A350-22Z - Can't play DirectX 9 game

1. Satellite A350-22Z - Can't play DirectX 9 game
    Beginner
    i can't play mount&blade warband game by directx 9.0 with my toshiba laptop. I wanted to update VGA card but I couldnt find anywere.

Please help in emergency

2. Re: Satellite A350-22Z - Can't play DirectX 9 game
    Master
    Hi buddy,

> I wanted to update VGA card but I couldnt find anywere.
    You want to *replace* the VGA card with another one or what do you mean exactly?
    The VGA card canít be changed because itís part of mainboard and itís not exchangeable.

But if you want to update the VGA driver thatís no problem. You can download it on Toshiba website:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com

3. Re: Satellite A350-22Z - Can't play DirectX 9 game
    Beginner
    i meant driver but i tried. still it has problem whlie playing with directx 9.0... with 7.0 its ok. but so much difference between 7 and 9. i asked to the game customer they said 64mb is enough for play but some ati vga cards has problem with directx 9.0.... i would like to believe thats joke coz i paid so much money for this laptop and i got surprized that cant enjoy direct x 9.0???!!!

4. Re: Satellite A350-22Z - Can't play DirectX 9 game
    Master
    Hello

> but some ati vga cards has problem with directx 9.0....
    Surely not! My notebook has also AMD graphic card and my desktop but it works properly with DirectX 9 mode so Iím sure itís another issue.

What you can do is updating the display driver from Toshiba website what you already tried and updating your DirectX version. Thatís everything what you can do.

Probably the graphic card is not supported from this game or it has a bug. I donít know but this information you can get from game manufacture.