Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660 - BIOS Corrupt

1. Satellite C660 - BIOS Corrupt
    Beginner
    I attempted to update the BIOS from 1.00 to 1.20 yesterday through WinPhlash64 and it froze halfway through the writing process.

I've read online that there is a crisis recovery mode and a Phoenix utility program that can help reflash the BIOS..but for different Satellite models (e.g. A350). I found the guide [here|http://forum.notebookreview.com/toshiba/469337-toshiba-satellite-a350-bios-recovery-phoenix.html].

Does anyone know if this will work and *why* Toshiba don't host the original 1.00 BIOS version on the product page for this particular model?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

2. Re: Satellite C660 - BIOS Corrupt
    Master
    Hello

I canít say much about Crisis recovery tool for BIOS because everytime I did a BIOS update it worked properly so I never had a problem.

What I can say is be careful with such tools: You could destroy the whole ROM module and I believe nobody has tested this tool on C660 from Toshiba.

Such BIOS recovery can only be done from an authorized service provider because they have special tools from Toshiba I think so in your case I would get in contact with the guys to clarify the problem and they can help you go get rid of this.

Good luck! :)