Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Need Win7 Touchpad driver for Satellite P300

1. Need Win7 Touchpad driver for Satellite P300
    Beginner
    I have a P300-19P and have just installed windows 7. Have installed all the relevant Toshiba drivers and everything works fine with the exception of my touchpad, where I have lost all scroll functionality.
    I don't seem to be able to find a driver that works nor can I select the mouse as a touchpad under control panel.

As you can appreciate this is rather annoying to lose this, help greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Martinrs

2. Re: Need Win7 Touchpad driver for Satellite P300
    Hi

Which touchpad driver you have installed on your Satellite P300?

3. Re: Need Win7 Touchpad driver for Satellite P300
    Master
    Hello

According the Toshiba website there are only touchpad drivers for Vista availble but usually they also work on Windows 7Ö

You can find two drivers: Alps Electric and Synaptics. You have to install both drivers for using the scroll function and other features.

Check this!!!

4. Re: Need Win7 Touchpad driver for Satellite P300
    Beginner
    I feel a complete numpty asking this, as I've only ever used mine with a USB mouse as I dislike using the touchpad, but how do you perform scroll actions using the pad?

5. Re: Need Win7 Touchpad driver for Satellite P300
    Hawkerpaul
    Explore the settings under Mouse in Control Panel. If your touchpad is a Synaptics one then you can use Uscrybe, a free download from Synaptics. See the features at [http://www.uscrybe.com/learn.php]

6. Re: Need Win7 Touchpad driver for Satellite P300
    Master
    On my brotherís Satellite P300 with Win7 32 bit I have installed ALPS touchpad driver and it works well including all additional options.

7. Re: Need Win7 Touchpad driver for Satellite P300
    Beginner
    I have tried all of the above thanks chaps, but to no avail.
    I think it's a synaptics pad, as far as I can remember, how can I find out for certain?
    I have win 7 64 by the way.

8. Re: Need Win7 Touchpad driver for Satellite P300
    Master
    Try to use driver for Satellite P500. It is delivered with Win7 64bit.

9. Re: Need Win7 Touchpad driver for Satellite P300
    Beginner
    It does install but it does not recognise that the pad has different areas thus I cannot set up scrolling, only has options for the left and right click...

Any thoughts?