Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Missing touchpad functionality on y Satellte Pro notebook

1. Missing touchpad functionality on y Satellte Pro notebook
    Beginner
    Hi All

First I lost the scrolling, vertical & horizontal enabling button grey out when trying, to tick them. I then down loaded the current driver. Tried FN-9/7, nothing worked
    Then I reverted to previous driver and that lost me the synaptic touch pad settings only a mouse shows.

The touch pad works but still no scrolling and now the window to get to the settings has gone,

I also cleared the system restore dates.
    On Window 7, help :(

Sigull

2. Re: Missing touchpad functionality on y Satellte Pro notebook
    Master
    Hello

For better understanding please offer some basic information:
    Which notebook model do you have?
    Do you use original Windows 7 you got with your notebook or you have installed own OS?
    Do you use 32 or 64 bit Windows7?

3. Re: Missing touchpad functionality on y Satellte Pro notebook
    Master
    Hello

To be honest your description is not very clear and a little bit confusing so please offer more information as xaver already wrote.

Generally speaking if you have problems with touchpad itself try to reinstall the touchpad driver. You need two drivers: Alps Electric and Synaptics.

4. Re: Missing touchpad functionality on y Satellte Pro notebook
    Beginner
    hello , sorry for poor post (novice!)

I have windows 7 32-bit pre-installed with rescue disc program also pre-installed (have done that on two discs)

Model is Toshiba satellite pro L450D 14V ( had extra 2gb RAM chip installed, only had 1 gb) It was supplied direct from BT after winning a competition.

when scrolling stop working , it was featured in control panel/mouse which I could click on and get settings which is where the vert/horiz. enabling buttons are albeit they grayed out when I tried to click them on.

SInce mucking about with drivers I now I have lost the synaptics touch pad feature, it only features a PS/2 compatible mouse but all I have is the touch pad, still workingl without scrolling ????

Thanks for your interest

Sigull (Tony)

5. Re: Missing touchpad functionality on y Satellte Pro notebook
    Beginner
    update.............

Thanks all for your help. It's 64bit on my computer & I tried 32 bit (Didn't/know...what a difference!) all up & running again now

Thank again
    s
    Sigull