Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L300-1AQ - Will 9 cell battery need more space?

1. Satellite L300-1AQ - Will 9 cell battery need more space?
    Beginner
    Hi Someone Genius!

Please can you resolve my confusion. My current battery is a 6 cell in Satellite L300-1AQ. It became dead and hardly sustain for 30 minutes. I decided to replace it and ordered a new 9 cell PA3535U-1BRS battery. Now I am confused as the 6 cell battery is fitted inside the back body frame, will the 9 cell battery fit into this laptop model even the compatability describes it is okay for my laptop? So should I beleive from this compatability statement of Toshiba, and stop worrying how my new 9 cell battery will accomodate in the 6 cell battery space?

Cheers in Advance and Thanks for your confirmtion.
    Anees

2. Re: Satellite L300-1AQ - Will 9 cell battery need more space?
    Master
    Hello

Yes, probably the 9cell battery need more space under or behind your notebook than 6cell battery but it will fit.

With 9 cell battery your notebook will be getting higher… I think it will look like [THIS|http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/msi_wind_9-cell_battery_1.jpg] one

But with 9 cell battery you have longer battery life time :)

3. Re: Satellite L300-1AQ - Will 9 cell battery need more space?
    Master
    This battery is listed as compatible option so you should not be worried about anything.
    The only thing is that battery can be a little bit bigger as standard battery.

On several pages I found THIS picture.
    It is not so bad because the distance between your notebook and the desk will allow more air circulation and better hardware cooling.