Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro L300-1FN does not boot - hangs at BIOS splash screen

1. Satellite Pro L300-1FN does not boot - hangs at BIOS splash screen
    Beginner
    My Satellite pro L300-1FN is refusing to boot up. When switched on the laptop displays the toshiba/insyde H20 BIOS splash screen and the "Press F2 go to Setup Utility, F12 go to boot menu" message and flashes the hard disk access light but does not attempt to continue loading. I have left the bios at the splash screen but it does nothing for many hours on AC or runs the battery flat while on battery.

Is there a way of re-setting the BIOS on this unit? If it were a desktop unit I would remove the CMOS battery to force a BIOS reset but this is impossible on a laptop. The hard disk is fine as I have connected it to another system to remove valuable data.

2. Re: Satellite Pro L300-1FN does not boot - hangs at BIOS splash screen
    Master
    Hi

What happens if you press F2 while notebook booting up?
    Can you access the BIOS?
    If yes, access the BIOS and set it to default. I think you will need to press F9 or F10 to get default settings but this will be mentioned at the bottom of the BIOS page.

Check this!

3. Re: Satellite Pro L300-1FN does not boot - hangs at BIOS splash screen
    Beginner
    Neither F2 for BIOS nor F12 for boot manager respond on either the built in keyboard or an external USB keyboard.

4. Re: Satellite Pro L300-1FN does not boot - hangs at BIOS splash screen
    Master
    As far as I know there is no some kind of “BIOS reset” on notebooks and I’m afraid you must contact Toshiba service and ask for help.

Maybe they have some method to rewrite BIOS using old “traditional BIOS update method”.

5. Re: Satellite Pro L300-1FN does not boot - hangs at BIOS splash screen
    Beginner
    *I managed to fix this issue* ,,, thanks to some other dudes on other forums

What i did was Format a Floppy disk as MS-DOS boot using a Windows XP PC and USB floppy drive, then downloaded the latest BIOS for my L300-1BW laptop model, copied *.fd bios image to the floppy disk and renamed it to BIOS.fd.

Connect FDD to the toshiba laptop with out AC connected. Held Power button for 12 seconds, connected AC adapter, then held Fn+F, powered on , and kept the Fn+F keys held down for about 10 seconds into the reading of the floppy drive just to be sure, then let go. The screen was black throughout the process. I left this for a few minutes, or until it had finished, the laptop rebooted itself, and voila, it now goes passed the TOSHIBA POST logo screen :)

I hope this helps others with Toshiba Laptops. should work for any Toshiba laptop.

6. Re: Satellite Pro L300-1FN does not boot - hangs at BIOS splash screen
    Great! Thanks for sharing!