Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite U400-18E (PSU44E) - Searching for original BIOS file

1. Satellite U400-18E (PSU44E) - Searching for original BIOS file
    Beginner
    My bios crashed. I am looking for bios file for Toshiba Satellite U400-18E (PSU44E). Toshiba site only offers me bios update, but I need original bios file. There is no information what kind of motherboard inside my Toshiba. According to information about motherboard I can search for bios file.

2. Re: Satellite U400-18E (PSU44E) - Searching for original BIOS file
    Master
    Hi pkerk,

Why the BIOS update crashed and why you did an update?

Anyway, everything what you can download on Toshiba website is newest BIOS version with Windows based update program. I never saw other BIOS versions only and it would be useless because newest version is most stable and fixes the most problems.

Maybe you can get the original BIOS file from an authorized service provider so get in contact with the guys.
    Normally they can also reflash the ROM module for you because they have professional tools. :)

3. Re: Satellite U400-18E (PSU44E) - Searching for original BIOS file
    Xardas is right. On Toshiba notebook pages you can find just newest and latest BIOS updates.
    If you want to have old version you can try to contact Toshiba service in your country and ask for help.

They have access to Toshiba database and they can obtain old version for you.