Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Issues with my Satellite L500

1. Issues with my Satellite L500
    Beginner
    hi everyone, i currently have a toshiba satellite L500, running windows 7, 3 gb ram 350gb hdd..

it was running fine until a fortnight ago, when my computor kept popping up message in the far bottom right hand corner saying windows error, critical error, youre hdd is missing, missing RAM etc etc, a window popped up telling me to do a system scan which i did and it came up with all these very bad errors.. it them popped up a program calle dmemory optimizer and told me to scan and do a defrag.. which i did.. and then teh next thingi knew, the hdd had disapeared from my computor, i couldnt access anything on the desktop, but could tab between the pages i already had open. then teh whole thing crashed.

i did a recovery on my own, and the error appeared to be fixed.. but then would only work properly in safe mode. so i took it to a repairer who charged me $188, reformatt teh whole drive, put on a copy of kapersky and office full version..

the day after getting it home, i noticed when i was typing things, the cursor would move about the page on its own, and id end up typing in the middle of what id already typed, sooo frustrating!! so the tech man suggested i download a program called touchfreeze.. and it fixed it..

now the last day or two, ill be in the middle of working on my laptop and it will just go to a black screen.. and it will resume when i press the mousepad, or it will completely turn off and go into sleep mode..
    theres no settings on for sleep or hybernate, so sort of screen saver nothing.. and like i said, it happens when the laptos in use, about every 15 mins and happens several times.. any idea on what could eb the issue??
    i could swear there were other issues with my laptop and he just said it was a virus..

2. Re: Issues with my Satellite L500
    Hey man you bomb us with all these issues and your last issue is pretty confusing.
    Before we start discussion tell me one: do you use Toshiba recovery image (original operating system you got with your notebook)?