Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Equium L40-14I - Where to get SATA drivers?

1. Equium L40-14I - Where to get SATA drivers?
    Beginner
    Can anyone tell me where I can get the SATA drivers to enable me to install Windows XP onto the above machine? I have scoured the net but I cant find anything that is definitave. I have managed to find a few ece files but windows wont let me extract them!

Please help other wise this notebook is going out the window!

thanks guys

martyn

2. Re: Equium L40-14I - Where to get SATA drivers?
    Master
    Hi MartynB_1,

The SATA drivers you can download on official Toshiba website and the driver is called „Intel Storage Manager“.
    But you have to extract the files first before you can use them.

Here is an interesting article about this:
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB85017Z0000R01.htm

3. Re: Equium L40-14I - Where to get SATA drivers?
    Beginner
    Hi

i have looked on the toshiba website under the notebook but cannot find the intel drivers you mentioned

regards

martyn

4. Re: Equium L40-14I - Where to get SATA drivers?
    Beginner
    ok i think i have found the file. but when i try to get the drivers it either crashes when trying to open the setup.exe. or if i try to extract them using winrar etc i get a .rsrc folder and a load of string.txt files and thats it :(

5. Re: Equium L40-14I - Where to get SATA drivers?
    Did you read carefully the Toshiba document posted above?
    There you can find info how to extract the exe file: "-A -A PC:\<path for extraction>".

6. Re: Equium L40-14I - Where to get SATA drivers?
    Beginner
    Yes i tried to do that command but it just crashes and then asks me to send an error report :(

i tried to extract them from the following file:

http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/tracker.jsp?file=http%3a%2f%2fsupport1.toshiba-tro.de%2ftedd-files2%2f0%2fstormng-en-20080404114000.zip

Regards

Martyn

7. Re: Equium L40-14I - Where to get SATA drivers?
    Dear Martyn I really don’t understand what you are doing.

Before you start WXP installation download “Storage Manager” from HERE .

Open “Matrix Storage Manager” and go into folder “AHCI HDD drivers ICH8M_32bit” and there you will find SATA drivers.
    Before you start WXP installation enter BIOS settings and set SATA to AHCI mode.
    After doing this start WXP installation (boot from WXP disc) and at the beginning press F6. This will allow you to load SATA drivers. Usually this should be loaded from Floppy disc drive or USB stick (if USB stick will be recognized). After SATA driver load HDD will be “visible” and you will be able to continue WXP installation.

If you don’t have floppy or USB than you must use nLite to create installations disc with included SATA drivers. How to do this you can read under http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB85017Z0000R01.htm

DO you have more questions?

8. Re: Equium L40-14I - Where to get SATA drivers?
    Beginner
    thanks for that link.

i have added the drivers to a usb stick and managed to get as far as it trying to boot into windows setup. but it then comes up that it cannot install IaStor.sys and this stops installing!

9. Re: Equium L40-14I - Where to get SATA drivers?
    Master
    Hey,

I think a USB stick will not work because Windows XP doesn’t support such hardware during setup.

I would recommend creating a new Windows XP installation disk with Storage Manager. Therefore you can use the freeware tool nLite. More details you can find posting from Dr.Lamp.

nLite is very easy to use and it’s really nice tool. Don’t panic, just try it! ;)