Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M800 doesn't startup anymore after updating BIOS

1. Portege M800 doesn't startup anymore after updating BIOS
    Beginner
    Hi,

I encountered some problem with my netbook (Portege M800-10W) after updating BIOS.
    The BIOS updating program seems to failed. Then my Netbook automatically restarted and now I can't start my PC anymore.
    All the LEDs turns on, but the sreen remain black and after few minutes, the netbook beep 3 times (1 long, 2 short).

How can I restore the BIOS to the previous version (or factory version) ?

Thanks.

Adrien

null

2. Re: Portege M800 doesn't startup anymore after updating BIOS
    Akuma
    I think that error code means there is a Graphical/Video problem. The Mainboard or VGA Board may need replacing, or there may be a loose connection.

I would send the notebook to an ASP for repair.

3. Re: Portege M800 doesn't startup anymore after updating BIOS
    Master
    Hi Adrien

I think Akuma is right. Your notebook should be checked by Toshiba’s service. Let them check your notebook and I hope they will help you with this.

4. Re: Portege M800 doesn't startup anymore after updating BIOS
    Beginner
    Before going to my ASP, I would like to try to restore the BIOS to a previous version.
    Do you know where I can find the process to update the BIOS without Windows ?

Thanks

Adrien

5. Re: Portege M800 doesn't startup anymore after updating BIOS
    Master
    Hello

> Do you know where I can find the process to update the BIOS without Windows ?
    Unfortunately it’s not possible because on Toshiba website you can only download the newest version of BIOS and this update is always Windows based.

As the previous users wrote, contact an authorized service and ask the guys for help. :)

6. Re: Portege M800 doesn't startup anymore after updating BIOS
    Beginner
    Thank you, I will contact an authorized sevice.
    I hope my problem won't need me to send my laptop to Toshiba cause it is not under warranty anymore.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Adrien