Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P205-S6287 - webcam doesn't take snapshots using Win 7

1. Satellite P205-S6287 - webcam doesn't take snapshots using Win 7
    Beginner
    Hello.

I recently upgraded my laptop from Windows Vista to Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit).
    When I did I went through the typical rigmarole of updating my drivers and reinstalling some lost games or programs. What I didn't expect was for my camera to completely stop working.

I reinstalled the camera software, and it seemed to work after that until I tried to take a snapshot with the software. The camera will now record video and record audio, but it will not take snapshots (what I primarily use it for).

If I click the snapshot button, it acts like I clicked it, but no preview picture shows up and no new pictures are saved in my pictures folder.

Any ideas? Or advice? Or help? Thank you!

2. Re: Satellite P205-S6287 - webcam doesn't take snapshots using Win 7
    Master
    Hi

Maybe you should check the path to the picture folder again?
    Maybe the webcam saves the pictures to another place on the HDD…

3. Re: Satellite P205-S6287 - webcam doesn't take snapshots using Win 7
    Beginner
    It's not even showing the preview of the image, as it did before. It's behaving differently. I've also checked my computer to see if it's storing photos elsewhere and no dice - when I recorded video and audio, it saved them in the correct locations. There are no new snapshots there.

4. Re: Satellite P205-S6287 - webcam doesn't take snapshots using Win 7
    Master
    Drag your mouse over to your pop out where you select to use your webcam, instead click the bottom option "Effect" in their click "Screen Cover" and Click "OFF"