Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: How to disassemble my Qosmio x505-q830?

1. How to disassemble my Qosmio x505-q830?
    Beginner
    I would like to thoroughly clean my cooling fans and heat-sink. I have looked for a disassembly guide but cannot find one.
    I would like to know how to disassemble my Qosmio x505-q830 just enough to access the heat-sink and fans. Also I tried disassembling it myself and failed.

While trying I dropped a screw from the battery bay into the case... any advice for getting that out :)

2. Re: How to disassemble my Qosmio x505-q830?
    Master
    Hi smg67,

You know that you lose the warranty if you disassemble your notebook?

> I would like to thoroughly clean my cooling fans and heat-sink.
    Therefore itís not necessary to disassemble the notebook because you can clean it using compressed air spray. Just check this article:
    [How to clean the cooling system of a Toshiba notebook? |http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=40]

> I have looked for a disassembly guide but cannot find one.
    Such guides are not for public. I think they are only available for Toshiba and their service partners.

> While trying I dropped a screw from the battery bay into the case... any advice for getting that out
    Therefore the notebook must be disassembled I think but if you move your notebook, maybe it drops out.

3. Re: How to disassemble my Qosmio x505-q830?
    Master
    > While trying I dropped a screw from the battery bay into the case...
    This is best example what can happen if you try to do it on your own.

Letís be realistic now. Such complex and expensive machines should be disassembled by authorized personal only. They know how notebook must be disassembled and also how to avoid static discharge that can be dangerous for some electronic components.

Notebook case and all parts inside have many small plastic holders that can be broken if you donít know where they are placed and exact way how to remove certain components. The disassembling procedure must be done following specific order that is described in maintenance manuals. Unfortunately this document is not for public usage and you will not be able to find it for download.

I strongly recommend you to contact nearest Toshiba service provider and ask for help. It is better to pay for professional cleaning than to have some damaged parts that can be problematic to order and replace.

Think twice about all this.

4. Re: How to disassemble my Qosmio x505-q830?
    Beginner
    I found these instructions after reseating the heatsinks on my q850, they're for the x305 but are pretty much the same for the x505.

Follow at your own risk: http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/Toshiba-Qosmio-X305/laptop-disassembly-1.htm

_*Follow at your own risk*_

5. Re: How to disassemble my Qosmio x505-q830?
    Beginner
    x500 series guide: http://tim.id.au/laptops/toshiba/qosmio%20x500.pdf

*Enjoy*