Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Recovery Disc for Satellite C650

1. Recovery Disc for Satellite C650
    Beginner
    I have a Satellite C650 with a hard drive failure. I am unable to see the hard drive in the BIOS or using an external enclosure and viewing under Windows. Putting a new hard drive in isn't a problem but I need a Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit OEM disc to restore the system.

How do I go about getting one?
    I've tried a standard Windows 7 Home Premium installation disc but it doesn't accept the OEM code as valid when activating online.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Re: Recovery Disc for Satellite C650
    Master
    Hey,

> I've tried a standard Windows 7 Home Premium installation disc but it doesn't accept the OEM code as valid when activating online.
    I assume you have used the product key on bottom side of your notebook, right?
    Well, this key doesnít work with standard Microsoft disks because itís an OEM key that belongs to preinstalled Windows 7 from Toshiba and canít be used.

If you use a normal Microsoft disk you have to use the product key that you got with the disk!!!

Otherwise you can order a recovery disk from Toshiba but Iím wondering why you didnít create it:
    https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

3. Re: Recovery Disc for Satellite C650
    Beginner
    Syntax, Thanks for the link.

You are correct, I did use the OEM code from the bottom of the laptop.

I loaned someone elses disc to install, I assumed it was the OEM version they got with their laptop, and it did install but I can't activate it because the OEM serial is being detedted as not compatible with that version of Win 7.

The laptop isn't mine otherwise there'd be a recovery disc created already.

Anyway's, thanks for the reply and the link, much appreciated.