Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra S11 - Blue screen when WiFi switch is on

1. Tecra S11 - Blue screen when WiFi switch is on
    Beginner
    I have experienced several sudden blue screen crashes, with apparently no advice. After several different conditions trials I reckoned it occures when the WiFi switch is on. So, it should be associated either to Bluetooth or Wlan.

Any suggestion how to go deeper? apparently I have last drivers (Windows 7 64)
    Thanks, Guido

2. Re: Tecra S11 - Blue screen when WiFi switch is on
    Master
    Hi buddy,

Have you already checked the BIOS if you have installed the newest version? If not check this on Toshiba website and make a BIOS update. Maybe it helps…

But I had a similar problem last year and the solution was exchanging the WLAN card.

I think your Tecra S11 should be still under warranty and in such cases the repair would be for free. :)

3. Re: Tecra S11 - Blue screen when WiFi switch is on
    Beginner
    Thanks Panther,
    yes, first thing I did was checking BIOS, it's updated. I hope not to go under warranty, they would keep it for weeks.
    Btw, the issue is very casual and it looks like it appears only with certain WiFi equipment.....I'm trying to subsegment the issue to trap it ..:-)