Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A100 - Some questions regarding Win 7

1. Satellite A100 - Some questions regarding Win 7
    Beginner
    Hello!

I need help or advice.

I plan to add memory then to intall Windows 7 on my Satellite A100

1. I want to install two DDR2 SO-DIMM of 2 gig. Can you confirm that my A100 will see 2 memory modules of 2 gig (4 gig together)?
    2. I think that my computer can work only with windows 7 32 bit, am I right?
    3. I found on the site Toshiba drivers for windows 7 32 bit. So in theory it's quite possible.

But has anybody already installed windows 7 on satellitte A100? I 'd like to know results.

Thank you.
    Nastia

2. Re: Satellite A100 - Some questions regarding Win 7
    > 1. I want to install two DDR2 SO-DIMM of 2 gig. Can you confirm that my A100 will see 2 memory modules of 2 gig (4 gig together)?
    This depends on the chipset which is available on the motherboard.
    For example; the A100 with an Intel 945PM Express chipset would be able to handle 4GB RAM.

> 2. I think that my computer can work only with windows 7 32 bit, am I right?
    No, you can also use 64bit OS\

> 3. I found on the site Toshiba drivers for windows 7 32 bit. So in theory it's quite possible.
    You can install Win 7 32bit and 64bit… 32bit and 64bit drivers you will need to search in at your own hand

3. Re: Satellite A100 - Some questions regarding Win 7
    Master
    Hi Anastacia_R,

Before we start a long discussion it would be interesting to know what Satellite A100 model you have exactly and if it support 4GB RAM or not.

If it doesn’t support 4GB RAM you can install Windows 7 32bit because it supports up to 3.2GB RAM and this would be enough if your notebook support only 2GB RAM.
    Otherwise you can also install 64bit version if you can get all drivers for it.

4. Re: Satellite A100 - Some questions regarding Win 7
    Beginner
    thank you for your answer
    so i have model A100 906 PSAA9E
    if you can confirm about the memory i will be very grateful
    i belong to the group of peaple who need always much memory
    for exemple if i am ill i can work at home and i'm really need much memory
    so if it's possible to install windows 7 64 i'd like to do it.

thank you for help

Nastia

happy new year!