Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Libretto W100-10D - What software is needed to use GPS

1. Libretto W100-10D - What software is needed to use GPS
    Beginner
    Hello

i've any question about this device and exactly i would like to know if is possible install in libretto W100-10d any particular SW that use potential board installed on it.
    This model has one feature board Erickson F3607 model to use this device like 3G network and also has GPS but i don't know how is right SW to use map like Garmin Tom Tom or other.

thank you very much

2. Re: Libretto W100-10D - What software is needed to use GPS
    Master
    Hi buddy,

To be honest I never heard that it’s possible to use GPS software like Garmin or TomTom on Libretto W100. I don’t have it but Google shows no results…

I think an official answer you can get from an authorized service provider. You should contact them. Write an email or give them a call, I think they can give you a proper answer.

If you find something, you can post it here. It would be interesting. :)

3. Re: Libretto W100-10D - What software is needed to use GPS
    Master
    I have checked specification about your Libretto and WWAN card F3607gw is defined as “GPS supported” so you asked really interesting question here.

Unfortunately following Toshiba support page I didn’t find any software recommendation.
    I’m not expert on this but there must be some software designed to be used with Win7 and has control over this GPS functionality.

Try to talk with your local dealer or mobile phone experts. I think they have good experience with this stuff.
    If you will find solution please let us know. It can be very useful info for other Libretto owners.

4. Re: Libretto W100-10D - What software is needed to use GPS
    Beginner
    I would suggest that first try some other gps programs before buying one (eg. Microsoft Streets & Trips )
    Indeed the module seems to have a gps onboard, but it doesn't mean that it is usable (gps antenna).
    I tried it only one, but I never got a Gps fix nor I receipt any sat.
    If you want to try it by your own
    -system control üanal-hardware and sound - activate here the gps
    -use a program like visual gps- configure it to com5 (baudrateI don't know - usually it is 4800)

As mentioned before I did not succeed, but I have tried it only once

5. Re: Libretto W100-10D - What software is needed to use GPS
    Beginner
    excuse me but i think this problem is different like other navigator because this module work together with sim card and has no (GPS antenna).
    I tried to start application toshiba GPS after start comunication sim card and then receive any location but is only number appear on display.
    I think toshiba company must release any more specific documentation about this particular application otherwise in alternatively the appropriate software for this mini pc.

thank you

6. Re: Libretto W100-10D - What software is needed to use GPS
    Beginner
    the communication works with the nmea protocoll. those number you see in the toshiba gps utility.
    ericsson modul should have two antenna input umtx tx, umts rx /gps.
    If gps antenna is not connected, you won#t see something on com5(also used by tshiba gps utility)

7. Re: Libretto W100-10D - What software is needed to use GPS
    Beginner
    i'm very surprised because i thought worked like cellular and for this reason
    i'm not thinking about this particular accessory.
    I would like to know why is necessary the antenna and which is physical port to connect the antenna
    I think is possibile to connect to Bluetooth port .

are you agree with me ?

thanks a lot