Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Battery for Toshiba Satellite Pro A100 M50

1. Battery for Toshiba Satellite Pro A100 M50
    Beginner
    The battery model no in the laptop was PA3399U-2BAS. A supplier sent a replacement - its no is PA3399U-1BRS. It said it had 95% capacity yet when the power cord was pulled out the laptop died and would not restart without plugging the cord back in.

Would this battery have been an acceptable replacement? The laptop will run on its old battery with its reduced capacity and does need to be replaced.

Any thoughts?

2. Re: Battery for Toshiba Satellite Pro A100 M50
    Master
    Just for your info:
    According Toshiba specification with Satellite Pro A100 you can use follow batteries
    PA3399U-2BRS(6cell),
    PA3399U-2BAS(6cell),
    PA3478U-1BRS(9cell),
    PA3478U-1BAS(9cell),
    PA3400U-1BRS(12cell),
    PA3400U-1BAS(12cell).

Start notebook with AC power supply and without battery, put battery additionally and if the battery is recognized properly remove the AC power supply.
    Does the same happen again?

3. Re: Battery for Toshiba Satellite Pro A100 M50
    Beginner
    Silas, thanks for responding so quickly. I will do as you suggest, but, as the battery has been in the laptop and it said it had 95% charge, surely that suggests it is recognised? Thanks also for the list of acceptable batteries for this laptop.

Will get back to you asap: laptop is at a friend's house.

4. Re: Battery for Toshiba Satellite Pro A100 M50
    Beginner
    Turned on the laptop w/- the battery: as suggested, inserted the battery when windows is up and running. Looked at the battery icon which showed the charge now to be 100%. I presume this means it recognises the battery. I turned the laptop off and with the power cord out tried to turn it on. The battery light in the front of the laptop flickered a few times but the laptop did not turn on.

5. Re: Battery for Toshiba Satellite Pro A100 M50
    Master
    There must be some “compatibility” problem.

I recommend you to send this battery back and order one listed in Silas’s posting. Maybe one 12 cell battery will be good solution for you. Simply to have longer working time.