Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A80 - Help for memory upgrade

1. Satellite A80 - Help for memory upgrade
    Beginner
    Hi guys

so I've got a Toshiba Satellite A80 and I was hoping to upgrade the memory. I know that it can go up to a max of 2x 1gb slots what I was wondering if you guys could help me out is tell me will any memory chip work or will only some work? I've had experience of a chip not working on it , which I found very strange.

I've done some googling and found something along the lines of PC2100 DDR-RAM specification could somebody explain?

Thanks

2. Re: Toshiba Satellite A80 Memory upgrade help!
    Master
    hi,

I have just made a search for your lap specifications and found out that you can upgrade up to 2 gb DDram 533 mhz. So, you can use ddr ram 533 mhz, preferably Kingston memory modules

3. Re: Satellite A80 - Help for memory upgrade
    Master
    Hi buddy,

Maximum RAM capacity of Satellite A80 is 2GB. That means you can install 2x1GB module in every memory slot.

Specifications are PC2100 DDR-RAM and *not* 533 MHz DDR2 as Jeka wrote.

PC2100 DDR-RAM is the specification that you need. Part number for 1GB module is PA3313U-2M1G.
    I can also recommend memory modules from Kingston. Everytime I need new RAM I buy such modules.

4. Re: Satellite A80 - Help for memory upgrade
    Beginner
    oh i think i get it, so like buying most rams will work? will it work if i buy a ddr2 ?
    do i have to match the specifications thing or is that just a general guideline? thanks
    Edit : would this ram work? 1GB 2RX16 PC2-6400S 800H1 or this one
    Hynix 1GB DDR2 6400 laptop RAM

Hynix 1GB PC2-6400 200-Pin SODIMM laptop Memory

Message was edited by: fq d

5. Re: Satellite A80 - Help for memory upgrade
    Master
    Hi buddy,

As I already wrote: DDR2 RAM will not work, thatís a completely different RAM specification.

PC2100 is DDR1 RAM but you can also buy PC2700 (333 MHz) or PC3200 RAM (400 MHz). The higher specifications are downgrade compatible so it should work too. :)