Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L500-1XC - FN key not working

1. Satellite L500-1XC - FN key not working
    Beginner
    Earlier, when I pressed my FN key some options were available on screen such as wifi, screen brightness, etc. but now, when I press FN, these figures don't appear. I can't turn on my wifi.

Plaese help. Thank you!

2. Re: Satellite L500-1XC - FN key not working
    Master
    Hi buddy,

Usually the FN keys are controlled by Value Added Package and Flash Cards Support Utility. I don’t know what OS you have but for Windows 7 and Vista you need these tools that you can download here:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Download Drivers

First remove both tools and then restart your computer. Now install VAP and at last Flash Cards Support Utility.

Check this!!!

3. Re: Satellite L500-1XC - FN key not working
    Beginner
    Hello,

I have a similar problem with my FN keys, namely that some of them work and some don't. At the moment my mute option, my lock option (fn+f1), my sleep mode option (fn+f4), my screen modification (fn+f5) and my brightness contrast (fn+f6 of f7) all work. the hybernation (fn+f3), power mode (fn+f2) wifi (fn+f8) and touchpad (fn+f9) do not work. I'm also currently on a statellite L500 (would't have posted here if otherwise) and I have tried removing VAP and flash card utility and re-installing them. I have also restarted the flash carsds multiple times, but nothing seems to work.

So far these are the results I have had:
    -Restarted flash cards and got them working on the screen but fn+f1...f9 combinations don't work
    -Restared flash cards and got them to work but some of the fn combinations don't work
    -Deinstalled VAP and fn+esc, fn+ f1..+f2..+f3..+f4..+f6,f7 worked all the other ones did not.
    -Reinstalled VAP downloadend from toshiba site .... non of the fn combinations worked
    -Deinstalled VAP, some fn combinations returend fn+ f6,f7 and f9 and f8 anf f4 still don't work

What I can conclude from this is that all fn combinations are capable of working and are somehow connected to the VAP driver, except the fn+f9 function.
    Furthermore the flash card doesn't do much for the hotkeys and I really want the hotkeys to work.

How can i fix this, I really want to be able to turn off my touchpad , mute my laptop and turn off the wifi with the press of a button?
    Also I have looked through the available drivers on this site and the seems to be no win7 64bit version for the touchpad on and off utility only an XPp version ... will that work too?

Please help me, my laptop is pretty new, it would be such a shame if it failed already,

MJwatson

4. Re: Satellite L500-1XC - FN key not working
    Master
    Hi mjwatson,

Since when do you have this problem?
    In your case I would try to restore Windows to an earlier point… In my case it worked too! :)

Furthermore read the other hundreds of threads here in forum about FN keys. I think everything what you can do is already written.

5. Re: Satellite L500-1XC - FN key not working
    Beginner
    It's been like this for a long time, a restore won't do the trick, this has to be a driver problem concidering the results of my little installation experiments.
    And I've read around on the forum, either I've missed it or it's just not there but I can't find anything more similar to my problem than this post. I would love some new suggestions, restoring points are out of the question though, sorry.

Also could you anwser my previous question about the XP driver?

6. Re: Satellite L500-1XC - FN key not working
    Master
    Hi

There is a new version of VAP released for later Satellite L series.
    I assume I tried to install the VAP v 1.2.34
    The VAP for L675 contains the version v1.3.3
    Try this one.

> Also I have looked through the available drivers on this site and the seems to be no win7 64bit version for the touchpad on and off utility only an XPp version ... will that work too?
    The touchpad ON/OFF is a part of VAP.
    VAP is not available for Win XP and therefore you can download such tools separately.