Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P500 - Keeps going to sleep

1. Satellite P500 - Keeps going to sleep
    Beginner
    My P500 goes to sleep mode after several minutes of not action. I can not wake it again. I have set all the settings to never sleep or hibernate, but it does.

Can some one please tell me how to turn this function off?

2. Re: Satellite P500 - Keeps going to sleep
    Master
    Hi buddy,

Normally you can disable the sleep mode in Windows Power Management as described here:
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD84026Q0000R01.htm

But what operating system you have?
    Have you installed all Windows updates?

Does your notebook also go in sleep mode if you do something or just it’s not in action?

3. Re: Satellite P500 - Keeps going to sleep
    Beginner
    Hi,

I'm running Windows 7. All windows updates have been run as far as I am aware. It foes to sleep when not being used. It takes 15 minutes of no action and yet all the power options have been set to never. The bit that is really annoying is that I can not wake it up. When I touch the power button oit powers down completely and I have to re-boot from scratch. Thanks for your help.

4. Re: Satellite P500 - Keeps going to sleep
    Master
    Hello

That’s really strange, normally if sleep mode is disabled, the notebok shouldn’t go in sleep mode...

Are you using the preinstalled Windows version from Toshiba or your own Windows installation?

Maybe a BIOS update would help… You should check the Toshiba website for an update:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com

But before you start this update, close all running programs (also antivirus and firewall) and make sure you are logged in as Administrator.

5. Re: Satellite P500 - Keeps going to sleep
    Beginner
    Thanks C3PO,

I'll get my tech guy to try that. My Windows version is the preloaded from Toshiba. It is so frustrating and startying to cost me loads. Thanks for your input. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

6. Re: Satellite P500 - Keeps going to sleep
    Master
    I would also recommend checking the sleep mode functionality after the notebook has been set back to factory settings.
    As mentioned above; notebook should never access the sleep mode if all options have been disabled… run recovery and check it again…
    Hopefully it’s not hardware related issue…