Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Switch Windows XP language from French to English

1. Switch Windows XP language from French to English
    Beginner
    Hi everybody!

My concern here is that I would want to switch my "French" Windows XP into an "English" one. Indeed, I am going to give my laptop to a Nepalese friend, and he cannot read French.

Thank you for your assistance!

2. Re: Switch Windows XP language from French to English
    Master
    Hey,

The problem is that there is no „switch“ to change the language. You can change the keyboard layout but not the language of Windwos itself. In such cases you have to make a new and clean installation of Windows using installation disk.

I don’t know what notebook you have exactly but all drivers and tools for your Toshiba notebook you can find on Toshiba homepage.

By the way: If you install XP, I would recommend Service Pack 3. It contains important security updates.

3. Re: Switch Windows XP language from French to English
    Master
    Best thing you can do is to make clean OS installation using English WXP version on original Microsoft installation disc.
    All necessary drivers, tools and utilities you can download from Toshiba support and download page - http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com