Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: 'A problem with the cooling system' error message on Satellite A660

1. 'A problem with the cooling system' error message on Satellite A660
    Hi all,

Hope I can get some help here. I've had about 5 HP laptops after all of them had problems and faults. I got sick of them and therefore got a refund and bought a high spec A660-1FH.

The A660 has been a great laptop for two days until yesterday when I started getting a warning message saying 'A problem with the cooling system has been detected. Please turn off the computer immediately, and return it for service'.

The cpu fan works fine as you can here it spinning and the temperature of the i5-460m processor is around 40 degrees for both cores - which seems normal to me. I've noted that it happens only when running on battery and if you switch from eco utility to power saver mode. Its fine when running on the 'balanced' power setting. The fan is louder before when this message appears.

As its under 28 days my retailer swapped it for a brand new one straight away. Got the new one home, and the same message appears again. Has anyone else experienced this. As two laptops have had this, I'm wondering if this is normal for the A660 series laptop or if there is really a hardware issue?!

I have tried to upgrade eco utility and the bios of the laptop but both are the latest versions. Can anyone help or share if they experience a similar issue with their laptop?

2. Re: 'A problem with the cooling system' error message on Satellite A660
    In front of me I have Satellite A660-13Q (PSAW3E) and I have it about 6 weeks now. It runs almost 10 hours daily and until now I didnít notice such message or anything else that can be suspect for hardware functionality.

I really donít know why this happen on your notebook and donít think there is anything you can do about it.
    I would exchange it again. What you can also try is to contact nearest Toshiba service. Make a call, explain the situation and ask if they can help you with this.