Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra S11 - Fingerprint Utility can not connect to the sensor AES1660

1. Tecra S11 - Fingerprint Utility can not connect to the sensor AES1660
    Beginner
    Hi,

I am a new user Tecra S11 (PTSE3E), but old Toshiba user.
    After two hours I was using the new laptop, fingerprint software no longer works.
    I tried to update the firmware of the sensor AES1660 (now is version 9.0.8.21) but nothing!

The O.S. is Windows 7 Pro, the BIOS version is 2.60, the management hardware says that the sensor is connected and working well.
    When I launch the Fingerprint Utility, the message "Can not connect to the sensor" appears.

Has already happened to someone?
    Some help? I already contacted support today!

Thanks.

2. Re: Fingerprint Utility can not connect to the sensor AES1660
    Akuma
    Go to the Toshiba Website and download the latest Fingerprint Software, and install it. Also install the latest Toshiba Value Added Package, and disable the Antivirus software in case the software is blocking the Fingerprint installation.

3. Re: Fingerprint Utility can not connect to the sensor AES1660
    Beginner
    I have all the latest software version!
    The problem is the antivirus software Avast Internet Secure. I tried to uninstall it and everything works fine.
    To resolve this problem I uninstalled Fingerprint, I installed the antivirus, and after I reinstalled Fingerprint. Now everything is ok!

4. Re: Fingerprint Utility can not connect to the sensor AES1660
    Master
    Great man!
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Nice work!