Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A - Keyboard writes wrong letters

1. Satellite A - Keyboard writes wrong letters
    Beginner
    My keyboard seems to have gone nuts: I hit the 'b' and I get an 'x', I hit the 'c' and I get a 'j' and so on.

Can anybody tell me what's going on and how I can get back to a sane keyboard?

2. Re: Satellite A - Keyboard writes wrong letters
    Master
    Hi Torakan,

And what notebook you have exactly?

Are you using preinstalled Windows from Toshiba or another OS?

3. Re: Satellite A - Keyboard writes wrong letters
    Beginner
    Hi Xardas,

I installed XP office when I bought the Toshiba Satellite A70 series 4-5 years ago. Someone has just suggested that I have somehow hit a function key and turned on something called a 'QWERTY' keyboard. I personally have never heard of it, have you? I certainly don't know how to get rid of it; I've tried various combinations of the function keys.

4. Re: Satellite A - Keyboard writes wrong letters
    Master
    Hi Torakan,

What you can change is the keyboard layout in Windows control panel. There you can change the language for keyboard, make sure that the correct keyboard language version is set or that you want to use.

Only function what you can activate is numpad on keyboard. Therefore you have to press FN+F11 key but then you can write numbers instead letters.

5. Re: Satellite A - Keyboard writes wrong letters
    Beginner
    Hi Xardas,

Well, I'm not sure what I did but taking your advise I went into the control panel; I couln't see anything untoward and so I just varified all the settings. When I came back out of the control panel the problem had righted itself.

Thank you very much, Xardas, I appreciate you taking the time to give me advise.

6. Re: Satellite A - Keyboard writes wrong letters
    Master
    Iím really glad to hear that your problem is solved! :)

Youíre welcome in forum, buddy!!!

7. Re: Satellite A - Keyboard writes wrong letters
    Beginner
    Hello
    I am facing the same issue with my Toshiba with Windows 10, system came with pre-installed Windows 7 from Toshiba, however later on it was upgraded about year back, it was working fine, but few days ago problem started. As when I press key "N" it appears on screen "NY" and when I press key "B" it appears on screen "B5" similarly some other keys with identical problem. I have rest the language but problem exits, can you please very kindly help me to fix it