Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A300 shuts down when the power adapter plug is inserted

1. Satellite A300 shuts down when the power adapter plug is inserted
    Beginner
    Hi people

When i connect power cable to my toshiba sat a300, it shuts down immediatly. I can use it on battery normally without any problems.
    When i boot in the safe mode, it works properly without any problem with the AC Adapter connected to the Notebook.
    OS is Windows Vista
    What is the reason? what i can do to solve this problem?

Thanks

2. Re: Satellite A300 shuts down when the power adapter plug is inserted
    Master
    Can you use notebook with AC power supply only when the battery is removed?
    If yes start your notebook and when the OS is loaded put battery inside, wait few minutes and disconnect AC power supply.
    Connect it again and let us know if the same will happen again.

3. Re: Satellite A300 shuts down when the power adapter plug is inserted
    Master
    Hi panthos,

Can you start your notebook and boot into Windows if AC adapter is connected and when does it shut down exactly? Does it happen on Windows or before Windows starts?

Maybe itís just a software problem if it works in safe modeÖ Properly a recovery installation could help you to get rid of this because it can restore factory settings with all drivers and tools from Toshiba.

4. Re: Satellite A300 shuts down when the power adapter plug is inserted
    Beginner
    > {quote:title=Xardas wrote:}{quote}
    > Hi panthos,
    >
    > Can you start your notebook and boot into Windows if AC adapter is connected and when does it shut down exactly? Does it happen on Windows or before Windows starts?
    >
    > Maybe itís just a software problem if it works in safe modeÖ Properly a recovery installation could help you to get rid of this because it can restore factory settings with all drivers and tools from Toshiba.

I can start the Notekook with the AC Adapter plugged, but it turns off before to reach the Welcome Screen or reboot. I tried straight to install Windows 7 with a another HDD . As soon as only the installation files are loaded, the system starts again. I do not reach times the beautiful blue window, of where the actual installation can be started.

thx

5. Re: Satellite A300 shuts down when the power adapter plug is inserted
    Master
    I think you should contact Toshiba service as soon as possible. Let them check power supply electronic.

Sorry but I donít think there is anything else you can do to fix this.

6. Re: Satellite A300 shuts down when the power adapter plug is inserted
    Master
    Hi buddy,

I agree as***. This seems to be a hardware malfunction and you need professional help from an authorized service provider to get rid of this.

If something is malfunctioning (hardware) there is nothing what you can. Hardware must be tested with special diagnostic tools and exchanged.

7. Re: Satellite A300 shuts down when the power adapter plug is inserted
    Beginner
    Hi

it's not an issue with hardware or software....just have to do some settings

try this out.....

disable or uninstall the two processors listed under 'Processors' in device manager

now enjoy ur satellite again without any problems (hopefully)

bye

8. Re: Satellite A300 shuts down when the power adapter plug is inserted
    Beginner
    If I disable the processors in Device Manager would that not make the computer unusable? It needs the CPUs to think with. Is this a feasible workaround? I would like to know the cause of the problem, though.

Many of you reading this forullm have have probably gotten your laptop fixed by now and figured out the problem. I was wondering if you could please tell me what the problem turned out to be because right now I am having the exact same thing happening to me.

Thanks in advance.

9. Re: Satellite A300 shuts down when the power adapter plug is inserted
    Beginner
    What sadi say is true. Iīm also have a A300-1ID and I can't boot if both processors are active, so I have to disable both processors in device manager to work with my laptop. But even with two inactive processors sometimes the computer crashes or having bsod. But is usable.

I don't know what can cause this. But I beleive this is a mobo problem!

I beleive this is a common problem amoung this models.