Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite T110-107 - Reboot doesn't work properly

1. Satellite T110-107 - Reboot doesn't work properly
    Beginner
    When the power button is pushed the power and wireless lights come on, the fan whirs for a moment then nothing more happens. If I take out the battery and leave it for 30 mins then it boots fine when the power button is pushed. Currently away from home, but have internet access.

Running Windows 7.

Any and all suggestions welcomed!

2. Re: Satellite T110-107 - Reboot doesn't work properly
    Master
    Hi buddy,

Since when do you notice this problem and have you changed something on hardware configuration?

It’s hard to say why it happens but fact is it must be a hardware issue… Have you installed newest BIOS version for Satellite T110? You can download it on official Toshiba website:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Download Drivers

But before you start the update, close all running programs (also AntiVirus and Firewall).

3. Re: Satellite T110-107 - Reboot doesn't work properly
    Beginner
    I have not changed any hardware, and I suspect you are right in that it could be the BIOS (mainly because taking out the battery and leaving it cures the problem). Will have a go at downloading the new version and let you know how I get on.

Many thanks,

Peter

4. Re: Satellite T110-107 - Reboot doesn't work properly
    Beginner
    Alas the problem remains. After installing the new BIOS software it once again hung, but after taking the battery out and waiting for a bit it booted fine. I will have a look at the BIOS settings and see if there is anything there that looks possible.

(One thought is that my mouse might have gone on the fritz. The problems started about 10 days ago and around that time my USB mouse droppen in and out of service a couple of times. Maybe it is failing and having a non-funtctioning USB device plugged in when booting is causing the issue? Once it fails to boot once then having the mouse in out does not solve the problem, only battery out does it.)

5. Re: Satellite T110-107 - Reboot doesn't work properly
    Master
    Hmm… try to boot the notebook without connected USB devices.
    I had an issue in the past (not with Toshiba notebook) and notebook didn’t boot up when an USB scanner was plugged in…

6. Re: Satellite T110-107 - Reboot doesn't work properly
    Beginner
    Well at least the situation is now predictable.

With just the laptop, nothing plugged in to any ports. (It makes no difference if the power cord is plugged in or not.)

1) Boots fine the first time.
    2) If turned off will not sunbsequenrtly reboot. Restart also fails. The disk light comes on for a moment and then nothing but the green glow of the on button and light and the amber light showing wireless.
    3) I take out the battery and leave it for at least 30 mins.
    GO TO 1.

Nothing odd in the BIOS settings, very strange - not seen anything like it before.

7. Re: Satellite T110-107 - Reboot doesn't work properly
    Master
    Yes, sounds really strange… maybe the motherboard is affected.
    I think an technician should check the hardware components and maybe the motherboard would be replaced.

8. Re: Satellite T110-107 - Reboot doesn't work properly
    Beginner
    Solved it:

I have an external DVD/RW drive (CnM) and that is what was causing the problem. If it had been plugged in when the laptop next rebooted it looked for the drive and hung, even if the drive was still plugged in. Have had it over a year and it never caused a problem before. Thanks for all the suggestions,

TTFN,

Peter

9. Re: Satellite T110-107 - Reboot doesn't work properly
    Master
    > I have an external DVD/RW drive (CnM) and that is what was causing the problem.
    This is typical on this form. From the first posting there is no enough relevant information and problem description is not completely.
    Why you didn’t write this in your first posting?
    The first answer here probably would be: disconnect all external device and test functionality again.
    Anyway, problem is solved and it is most important.

Bye and good luck.