Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L505-13W - FN keys not shown and touchpad issue

1. Satellite L505-13W - FN keys not shown and touchpad issue
    Beginner
    Hello everybody,

I have two questions and I will highly appreciate your help.

First, when I got the laptop it used to have a Fn bar that comes down from the top of the screen when I press Fn, it shows all the Fn keys, now it disappeared. I need to get it back, I almost tried everything and nothing is there yet.

Second, the touch pad is not zooming anymore when I apply the 2 fingers in and out, it used to do that before.

My laptop is Satellite L505-13W

Thank you in advance

2. Re: Satellite L505-13W - FN keys not shown and touchpad issue
    Master
    Hi abdouni,

1. I think the problem is related to Toshiba Value Added Package and Flash Cards Support Utility. Both tools control the FN keys and the Flash Cards appear if you press FN key.
    You can download it on official Toshiba website:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Download Drivers

Regarding the installation: First of all remove both tools and restart the notebook. Now install Value Added Package and restart again. Install Flash Cards Support Utility and make one restart. Now the FN keys should work again.

2. This could be related to Value Added Package too… So check my posting.
    If it’s not work, reinstall the touchpad driver.

3. Re: Satellite L505-13W - FN keys not shown and touchpad issue
    Master
    It is very nice to hear you have tried everything but it could help us if you tell us what have you tried exactly.

I agree with Xardas. Both issues could be related to Value added package, so remove preinstalled version, restart your notebook and install latest version you can find on Toshiba download page.