Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra S11 - Display display rotation on hotkey

1. Tecra S11 - Display display rotation on hotkey
    Beginner
    Hi all,
    I'm using a Tecra S11 with Windows 7 64bit.
    By pressing "crtl + alt + down-arrow" my display rotates 180į degrees.
    Unfortunately this hotkey is one of my favorite hotkey in Eclipse, so I need to disable the display rotation hotkey.
    after a long time searching I havenít found a solution.

does anybody know how I may disable the display rotation hotkey ?

Thanks for any tips

Regards

2. Re: Tecra S11 - Display display rotation on hotkey
    I donít know exactly how to do this on your Tecra but this option must be available in advanced display settings.

Check also graphic card settings (for instance NVIDIA settings).

3. Re: Tecra S11 - Display display rotation on hotkey
    Beginner
    Hi All,
    after spending some hours of searching in the internet for a solution for my problem I actually found a solution for it.

@Horwath
    Thanks for your tip with the 'graphic card settings' but unfortunately this didnít solved the problem.

After using the "Process Explorer (Sysinternals)" an taking a detail look on what's happening while pushing the hotkey I found out that there is an special utility from toshiba which executes the monitor rotation.
    This utility is named: "TOSHIBA 180 Degrees Rotation Utility". After removing it over the system control, the hotkey was not bound anymore and the system behaves as expected.

And if I need "monitor rotation" anytime again, Iíll use the nVidia control panel.

best regards

4. Re: Tecra S11 - Display display rotation on hotkey
    Great!!! Thanks for sharing this info with us!!