Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L500D-16L - No Windows 7 64bit recovery disk included

1. Satellite L500D-16L - No Windows 7 64bit recovery disk included
    Beginner
    Hello everyone,

I am curious... I have bought this laptop a while a go and was browsing through Toshiba website and it says that this laptop should have Windows 64 bit on it. I was just thinking is it possible to install my own copy of Windows? Wont I get sort of blocked with some message like this copy of Windows may not be installed on this laptop or something or where can I get an official copy of windows that should go with this laptop?

2. Re: Satellite L500D-16L - No Windows 7 64bit recovery disk included
    Master
    Hi whipser1,

I have checked the specifications on Toshiba website for Satellite L500D-16L and Windows 7 64bit is preinstalled but you also get a recovery disk with Windows 7 32bit.

So what Windows 7 version is currently installed?

If Windows 7 64bit is installed you can create the recovery disk yourself for 64bit version. Therefore start the preinstalled Toshiba recovery disk creator and follow the screen instructions. You just need some blank DVDs to create the disks… I recommend DVD-R mediums from Verbatim or TDK.

Check this!!!

3. Re: Satellite L500D-16L - No Windows 7 64bit recovery disk included
    Beginner
    at the moment this laptop has windows 7 32 bit installed. is it possible to install my own copy of windows 7 on this laptop?

4. Re: Satellite L500D-16L - No Windows 7 64bit recovery disk included
    Master
    Hi buddy,

Of course it’s possible to install your own copy of Windows 7… Why not? ;)

I mean you can install everything what you want, it’s your notebook and your choice what you do and install.

Alternative you can order the Windows 7 64bit recovery disk here:
    https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

5. Re: Satellite L500D-16L - No Windows 7 64bit recovery disk included
    Beginner
    thats just weird, i think when i tried to install my own windows copy some time ago it didnt let me... oh well will try later again i think.

6. Re: Satellite L500D-16L - No Windows 7 64bit recovery disk included
    Generally speaking you can install on your notebook whatever you want. For all supported operating systems you can download drivers from Toshiba download page - http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp