Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to reinstall WIndows 7 on my Qosmio X500-111?

1. How to reinstall WIndows 7 on my Qosmio X500-111?
    Beginner
    Hello

I don't know the Qosmio well, because it's my first time. My brother installed many stupid things on my notebook and some programs don't work. As a solution I wanted to reinitialize Windows 7.I have an original CD but I read that the notebook won't run right if I do that and that I would need a Toshiba Win7.
    So my question is obvious:

Where do I get a Toshiba Win7 or how do I reinitialize my Windows, which is preinstalled? I have a HDD Recover on my hard disk but I don't know how to use it?!

Can anyone help me?

2. Re: How to reinstall WIndows 7 on my Qosmio X500-111?
    Please try to start HDD recovery installation following instruction on http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD9102IR0000R01.htm

Let me know if you will be able to do this.

3. Re: How to reinstall WIndows 7 on my Qosmio X500-111?
    Master
    Hello

> I have an original CD
    That means you have a Microsoft Windows 7 disk? Or is it the Toshiba recovery disk?

Well, Microsoft disk will also work but it contains no drivers and everything you have to install step by step. The drivers you can download from Toshiba website.

In my opinion the easiest way is using HDDrecovery as Terentino described. Therefore you donít need a disk and itís done in few minutes.
    After this you have ready to use Windows or with other words: Factory settings!

4. Re: How to reinstall WIndows 7 on my Qosmio X500-111?
    Beginner
    Mh my idiot brother already installed Win 7.How do I start HDD Recovery now?With F8 won't work beceause the screen changed and i can't choose repair.
    Help pls I want factory settings.

Nothing from Toshiba works,except the buttons on the left side and the touchpad.

Message was edited by: ThienAn

5. Re: How to reinstall WIndows 7 on my Qosmio X500-111?
    Master
    Hi

I think this is not possible anymore because the HDD and boot manager has been formatted and you will not be able to start the HDD recovery procedure anymore.
    It seems you didnít create the recover disk tooÖ

In such case you will need to order a recovery disk from here:
    https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

Greets

6. Re: How to reinstall WIndows 7 on my Qosmio X500-111?
    Enthusiast
    You spend so much money on your laptop then you're not given any windows dvd, and then on top of that you have to buy a recovery dvd from toshiba that cost £30 to reinstall all the crapware that's was there!!!!!!!!! RIPP OFF.

I'd say format the whole hard disk and reinstall windows and any software you like then look for (research/google) acronis backup. That way you regain all the hard disk space 250 gig that was taken buy the usuless recovery and you decide what goes in your laptop.

7. Re: How to reinstall WIndows 7 on my Qosmio X500-111?
    Master
    Hi MATROX,

> You spend so much money on your laptop then you're not given any windows dvd
    Before you start writing such things you should read the user manual!
    Itís right information that you donít get a Windows DVD with your notebook but you can create such a disk yourself. You can do this using preinstalled Toshiba recovery disk creator that is preinstalled on your computer. Therefore you need only blank DVDs and thatís all.

By the way: Everything what is important you can read in user manual! ;)

8. Re: How to reinstall WIndows 7 on my Qosmio X500-111?
    Beginner
    Why that?I still have the partition with HDD recovery.So why can't I make a DVD Recovery or start the programm?It's still untouched and nit fornated.Just Windows partition was formated.

9. Re: How to reinstall WIndows 7 on my Qosmio X500-111?
    Enthusiast
    Hi,

I do understand what you're saying. User manual's usuful....if you don't know what you're doing....but a novice can follow those instructions blindly untill you tell him/her to buy the toshiba recovery media(it seems to be the answers here on so many threads) after they mess their system up which is a definite. Hence toshiba is taking advantage of those novices to make money by selling them recovery dvd's which they should have supplied in the first place.

I just bought an expensive toshiba laptop with nothing else at all. I am so gutted that toshiba are not putting the effort to look after their customers, ie supply dvd's, recovery dvd's etc... after all we spent so much money in getting this toshiba product in the fisrt place! so why don't toshiba make it easy for its customers by supplying recovery dvd's free of charge?

In my opinion, if toshiba did that many customers would buy other toshiba products too. It's called trust and fairness!

10. Re: How to reinstall WIndows 7 on my Qosmio X500-111?
    Beginner
    their have to be a way.Every system has a backdoor and I still have the recovery folder.if someone would instruct me I could do it.You can't tell me that just beceause I changed the bootsystem that the recovery won't work anymore.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast