Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Battery - Vista is not able the retrieve the power options for the battery

1. Battery - Vista is not able the retrieve the power options for the battery
    Beginner
    Hi,

Vista is retrieving me the error message that it is not able to retrieve the power parameters.
    Do i need to install a softawre to allow me to access those parameters ?

Thanks for you feedback,

Rgds,

F,

2. Re: Battery - Vista is not able the retrieve the power options for the battery
    Master
    Hi

To be honest I have no idea what you are talking about.
    The Vista power options are a part of the Vista OS and you don’t need to install anything.

But on Toshiba notebook the Vista power option would be extended by some Toshiba power options.
    Are you speaking about this Power Saver options?
    If yes, then I would recommend reinstalling the VAP (value added package) because these power options are a part of VAP.

3. Re: Battery - Vista is not able the retrieve the power options for the battery
    Master
    Hi Francois,

What power parameters you mean exactly? Usually Windows Vista shows you always the current battery status in percent and this is a Windows feature and has nothing to with Toshiba.

Also in Windows Power Management you can save between different power saving settings, e. g. Battery Optimized, Balanced and High Performance.