Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A355-S6925 - SDHC not recognized

1. Satellite A355-S6925 - SDHC not recognized
    Beginner
    My Toshiba Satellite A355-S6925 won't recognize a Lexar Platinum II 32 GB SDHC card Class 4.

My last hard drive crashed and I replaced it with another and installed Windows 7 from scratch.

Am I missing a driver or some firmware to use the built in SDHC reader?

Please help, I just bought a camcorder and I'd like to transfer the video.

2. Re: Satellite A355-S6925 - SDHC not recognized
    Akuma
    Have a look in Device Manager, do you see the SD Reader or MultiCard Reader device installed properly?

If there is an exclamation mark, you will need to download the driver from the Toshiba Website.

Have you tried a smaller capacity SD Card? (like a 2GB card)

3. Re: Satellite A355-S6925 - SDHC not recognized
    Master
    Hi michael_fuglas,

> My Toshiba Satellite A355-S6925 won't recognize a Lexar Platinum II 32 GB SDHC card Class 4.
    Hmm… I think the card isn’t recognized due the high capacity of 32GB. As far as I know 32GB cards are not supported from all card readers…

In your case I would try a smaller size like 4GB or 8GB. Usually these cards should always work.

Check this!!!

4. Re: Satellite A355-S6925 - SDHC not recognized
    Beginner
    > {quote:title=michael_fuglas wrote:}{quote}
    > My Toshiba Satellite A355-S6925 won't recognize a Lexar Platinum II 32 GB SDHC card Class 4.
    >
    > My last hard drive crashed and I replaced it with another and installed Windows 7 from scratch.
    >
    > Am I missing a driver or some firmware to use the built in SDHC reader?
    >
    > Please help, I just bought a camcorder and I'd like to transfer the video.

Did you make windows 7 updates? There is one update for 32 G SD cards.