Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A660-10W: Toshiba Recovery Media Creator kept reminding me

1. Satellite A660-10W: Toshiba Recovery Media Creator kept reminding me
    Enthusiast
    Finally, after about 2 months, I ran the Toshiba Recovery Media Creator.
    It kept reminding me to do so every time I opened the laptop.

Now, though, everything works at a VERY slow pace.
    What can be done to solve this problem?

Thank you

2. Re: Satellite A660-10W: Toshiba Recovery Media Creator kept reminding me
    Hi

Do you want to disable this notification?

You can do this is msconfig. Start the msconfig go to startup tab and uncheck process which is responsible for the Toshiba Media Creator notification. Save the changes and reboot the unit.

By the way; it would be advisable to clean the OS and registry using CCleaner. This tool is for free and would delete all temporal files

3. Re: Satellite A660-10W: Toshiba Recovery Media Creator kept reminding me
    Enthusiast
    Thank you for replying.
    No, the notification was deleted and does not appear any longer. That is not the problem.

I would like to clarify regarding your suggestion to "clean the OS and registry using CCleaner. This tool is for free and would delete all temporal files"
    Is it feasible that after 2 months it already needs cleaning?

I would like to do this if it is the only solution - but would like to be sure from where I can download it, could you give me the link please from where its safe to do so?

Thank you

4. Re: Satellite A660-10W: Toshiba Recovery Media Creator kept reminding me
    > Is it feasible that after 2 months it already needs cleaning?
    Yes, I do this every day.

> I would like to do this if it is the only solution - but would like to be sure from where I can download it, could you give me the link please from where its safe to do so?
    Search for CCleaner using google… there a many pages where you could download this…

5. Re: Satellite A660-10W: Toshiba Recovery Media Creator kept reminding me
    Master
    When notebook runs slow there can be many different reasons but I think CPU is busy with a lot of useless background processes and running applications.
    So I recommend you to optimize preinstalled OS, disable useless applications who start with Windows and also use CCleaner from time to time. It must not be on daily basis but at least every 3 or 4 days. I use it usually before switching notebook off.

To optimize OS and all preinstalled stuff you can also use disk defragmenter.

6. Re: Satellite A660-10W: Toshiba Recovery Media Creator kept reminding me
    Enthusiast
    I tend to think also that there can be many different reasons...
    thank you in the meantime

7. Re: Satellite A660-10W: Toshiba Recovery Media Creator kept reminding me
    Enthusiast
    I think you have been helpful with the solution that you write, but its not 100% correct - because it cannot be:
    There are, apparently, many other reasons it could have slowed down. For example, ranging from malware/virus issues, virus scanner and/or firewall activity, third party software, freeware, operation system configuration or hardware defects... (so I'm told)

I will try your solution and if necessary will also see a Toshiba technician.
    Thank you very much