Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Where can I get preinstalled software?

1. Where can I get preinstalled software?
    Beginner
    After replacing defected HDD (autorised service) I have no software - emty HDD. Where can I get preinstaled software (including Windows 7 and TOSHIBA utilities) ??

thx

2. Re: Where can I get preinstalled software?
    Master
    Hello

You can restore the whole preinstalled software (Windows 7, Toshiba utilites, etc.) using Toshiba recovery disk. Do you have this disk?

I donít know what notebook you have but since Vista the recovery disk must be created yourself. Therefore you have to start Toshiba recovery disk creator that is preinstalled on your notebook.

But it seems now itís too late and if you donít have a recovery disk you must order a new one from Toshiba here:
    https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

Normally after the first start of your notebook (out of box) you get a recovery reminder message that you have to start this recovery disk creator and you can find more details in your user manual:

+Important INFORMATION+

+your system is equipped with hard disk recovery system. if you need to repair+
    +your computer by restoring it to original factory state, you can do it directly+
    +from harddisk (press F8 when you boot your computer, choose "Repair your computer"+
    +and follow the menue instructions) or create a bootable Recovery Disc Medium for this purpose.+

+Toshiba recommends you to create Recovery Disc Medium using the "Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator" to ensure+
    +hat you are able to restore your computer to the original factory installed state, even if your computer+
    +gets seriously damaged+

3. Re: Where can I get preinstalled software?
    Master
    Hi

You can download just the Toshiba drivers from the Toshiba driver page.
    The other software and Windows OS is not downloadable.
    You can order the recovery disk as posted by user above but you cannot download this for freeÖ you will have to pay a small feeÖ I guess 30 Euros ...