Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A300-243 - Keyboard and touchpad stopped working

1. Satellite A300-243 - Keyboard and touchpad stopped working
    Beginner
    Hello everybody

I have a serious problem in my Satellite A300-243. I installed using a CD a driver for external keyboard and after I restarted both keyboard and touchbpad stopped working and taking any order when I reach the vista welcome page.
    What should I do because you know even I cant enter the windows to uninstall that driver.

Any way to do it while windows starting up?

2. Re: Satellite A300-243 - Keyboard and touchpad stopped working
    Master
    Hello

Why you installed a driver for external keyboard? I never heard about such drivers…

Anyway, you should try to boot in safe mode and then you are able to remove external keyboard driver from software list. After restarting in normal mode, the touchpad and keyboard should work properly again.

3. Re: Satellite A300-243 - Keyboard and touchpad stopped working
    Beginner
    well i was trying the new keyboard for my cousin only and both of them didnt work the external and the built in of the laptop and i also restarted in safe mode after i yutrned off the laptop using the power button becoz no esponse at all only when vista welcome page comes but if u want to enter commands of boot it works normal .. and when i try to enter the safe mode i need to type my password for windows even and no response for keyboard and mouse to do so so the problem how to enter the windows and remove thise drivers

4. Re: Satellite A300-243 - Keyboard and touchpad stopped working
    Beginner
    iam very thankful anyway for ur reply and i want to ask why i want to search about drivers for satellite A300-243 i never find such laptop in data base of toshiba ....

5. Re: Satellite A300-243 - Keyboard and touchpad stopped working
    Master
    Hello

To be honest your posting is a little bit hard to understand.... I think the best option would be reinstall Windows from Toshiba recovery disk or HDD recovery. After this you can test it again and forget the driver for external keyboard.

Satellite A300-243 belongs to PSAG8E series and therefore you can find all drivers here:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp

6. Re: Satellite A300-243 - Keyboard and touchpad stopped working
    Beginner
    actually i had an idea to make it back to a restore point while i was thinking by recovery and it did works :) thanx

7. Re: Satellite A300-243 - Keyboard and touchpad stopped working
    Master
    Absolutley great!!!

Thank you for sharing this information! :)