Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M100 - Toshiba Utilities setup hangs

1. Portege M100 - Toshiba Utilities setup hangs
    I have a Portege M100 (prob M100-112) that has been "hacked" about by its previous owner and I am trying to re-install all the tools and drivers.

In particular I want to upgrade the BIOS to v1.50 (from 1.30).

The BIOS upgrade tool (windows) complains that the common modules are not installed, but when I attempt to install the common modules the installer just hangs with no user interface visible and no errors.

I have re-installed all the items before it in the recommended order - but no luck :-(

Any help and constructive help welcom

2. Re: Toshiba Utilities setup hangs
    Constructive help?
    What else you can get on this forum? ;)

Hi Dave

I don’t know which installation order you have used and what items you have installed before but fact is that “Common modules” must be installed at first before you start to install other Toshiba tools and utilities.

I presume you try to install WXP so here is the full installations order:

Chipset Driver
    Display Driver
    Sound Driver
    Network Driver
    Modem Driver
    Wireless Network Driver
    Atheros Client Utility
    Cisco Aironet Client Utility
    Infrared Driver
    Common Modules
    Power Management
    Button Controls
    User`s Manual
    DVD Player
    Bluetooth Stack
    Display Device Change Utility
    DVD-RAM Driver Software
    Mobile Extension
    Skins for Windows Media Player
    SD Memory Card Format
    SD Secure Module
    Wireless Hotkey Utility
    Hotkey for Display Devices
    Sun Java Runtime Environment
    Management Console

Have you used this order?
    Do you try to install THIS common modules?

3. Re: Toshiba Utilities setup hangs
    Yes, that was the order in the text file in the download area that I followed.

Yes, that is the version of the file I attempted to install.

It unzipped OK, so the download was successful - but the setup.exe just hangs, no error messages not even a splash screen.

4. Re: Toshiba Utilities setup hangs

From my experience it should not be difficult to install the Common Modules.
    There is no magic installation instruction; execute exe file and follow instruction on the screen.
    If common module from Toshiba European driver page cannot be installed then I recommend checking the software from Toshiba US page:
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=430221&r pn=PPM10U&modelFilter=M100&selCategory=2756709&sel Family=1073768662

If software from both pages will not work, then it’s Windows OS issue and I think you should reinstall the OS firstly before trying again…