Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Satellite A300 - How to run recovery

1. Satellite A300 - How to run recovery
    Beginner
    Hi

my A300 has become a bit slow loading up and such. So i want to format the hard drive.
    I have made 2 DVD's using Toshiba recovery disc creator. Now what.
    Do i do use the two disks that i have just made or do i use the product recovery media disks that came with the system.
    Also what about all the drivers and such will they be on the disks i created or do i need to search for them and other programs such as my virus programs and such.

Cheers for any help

2. Re: Satellite A300 - How to run recovery
    Master
    I assume you didnít read any topics here in the forum regarding the recovery procedure?
    Right?
    So I recommend doing this because this theme is one of the most asked themes here in the forum!

PS: You need to boot from recovery disk and have to follow the instruction on the screen.
    Recover disk will format whole HDD and will set the notebook to the same state like at the first day of purchase.

3. Re: Satellite A300 - How to run recovery
    Master
    Hello

As far as I know some Satellite A300 notebooks were delivered with preinstalled Vista but also there was recovery disc but for WXP. So if you want to have Vista again use discs you have created alone.

Please check these discs you got but Iím pretty sure they are for WXP.
    You can also install Vista using HDD recovery procedure. How to do this you can read under http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD9102IR0000R01.htm

Recovery image on recovery discs contains all necessary drivers and Toshiba specific applications so you must not install anything when installation is finished.