Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Toshiba Recovery Disc Help

1. Toshiba Recovery Disc Help
    Beginner
    Hi.

Last week, I had to do a complete system restore to remove a virus. Because I did not have any Windows 7 boot disc at the time, I decided to boot linux (ubuntu) on the computer to ensure that my system was functioning ok. Today, I recieved my 3 recovery media discs in the mail, but I have no idea how to use them. The instructions say "Insert the disc, or the #1 disc of this set, into the drive and follow the directions on the screen." No directions have popped up. Do I need to remove linux first? If so, how do I do that. I have no way of getting Windows on this computer, except these recovery discs. Thank you.

2. Re: Toshiba Recovery Disc Help
    Master
    Hi,

before all, you should enter bios and set Cd/dvd rom as the 1 st boot device in Boot priority option. Then, press f10 to save and exit. Insert the 1st recovery disk and follow onscreen instruction.

> Do I need to remove linux first?

I don't think that Linux can cause any problem.............

3. Re: Toshiba Recovery Disc Help
    Master
    > Today, I recieved my 3 recovery media discs in the mail, but I have no idea how to use them. The instructions say "Insert the disc, or the #1 disc of this set, into the drive and follow the directions on the screen." No directions have popped up.

You have to boot from this disk!
    - Insert the CD into the CD/DVD drive
    - Power up the notebook
    - Press F12
    - Choose ODD (CD/DVD drive)
    - Follow instruction on the screen

4. Re: Toshiba Recovery Disc Help
    Beginner
    Well, that worked for booting Windows, but now I have another problem.

I cannot connect to a wireless internet connection at all (it seems as if the computer is not recognizing that I have a wireless card as wireless network repair keeps asking me for a internet cable)

I tried going into network and sharing and configuring a new access point/router, but it did not do anything.

5. Re: Toshiba Recovery Disc Help
    Master
    This is another theme...

But you should ensure that the WLan is enabled; wlan switch to On posstion (LED should be ON) and FN + F8 should choose WLan too.

6. Re: Toshiba Recovery Disc Help
    Beginner
    That did not work, but I will make a new thread about this later in the correct forum if I cannot get this working.

Thank you to all who helped getting Windows to boot!