Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: NB200-10G Recovery Partition - Cannot start recovery process

1. NB200-10G Recovery Partition - Cannot start recovery process
    Beginner
    I have a customer's NB200 on the bench. It came in with complete OS failure and would not boot from either the OS partition or the Recovery Partition.

I have checked the Hard Disk and it is in perfect working order. However it seems that all is not well as I cannot get it to boot from the recovery partition even after holding doen the 0 key.

I tried to instruct it to start from the BOOT.INI file by pointing a 'revoery' option at the partition but it just comes up with an error saying <Windows Path>\system32\HAL file is either missing or corrupt. Does anyone know how I should instruct the partition to start or how I could extract the information from the image files?

2. Re: NB200-10G Recovery Partition - Cannot start recovery process
    Master
    If you check page 48 in user’s manuals you will find exact description how to start recovery installation. The procedure on this NB200 is same or, at least, similar to all notebooks delivered with HDD recovery image. Please check it.

Useful document about HDD recovery installation you can find in “How to..” category > http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=58

Bye

3. Re: NB200-10G Recovery Partition - Cannot start recovery process
    Akuma
    Have a look at the partitions using FDISK or similar, maybe the customer deleted the Recovery Partition, or installed their own version of Windows.