Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Is there a list of words that is not allowed here?

1. Is there a list of words that is not allowed here?
    Beginner
    I reckon it is completely unnecessary and plain rediculous to not be able to use the word "s h i t" in this forum.
    I reckon this message,in red letters,.,"Your message contains profanity or inappropriate language. In the interests of your fellow forum users, we would ask you to amend your message."., is insulting to my adult intelligence because this little very well used term is an every day word used by billions of people to just describe a variety of things.

I didn't use it to abuse anyone

Is there a complete list of words that we are not allowed to type in here.

2. Re: Is there a list of words that is not allowed here?
    Master
    Hey,

You’re a funny guy :)
    Of course I know this message about inappropriate language and sometimes I receive it too but after editing my posting or using other words my posting will be displayed in forum.

I think it’s necessary to block some words, otherwise you could write everything here. Furthermore I don’t have any problems, if I choose other words.

From my own experience I must say that other forums also block certain words so is this really a problem? I doubt ;)

Anyway, I didn’t found a list of not allowed words here so I think it’s not available but maybe you can find something.

3. Re: Is there a list of words that is not allowed here?
    Master
    > is insulting to my adult intelligence because this little very well used term is an every day word used by billions of people to just describe a variety of things.
    Where? On the street maybe.
    I don't think you can use it in some constructive communication with people you don't even know.
    Ok you can, but you will be stay there like some idiot.

So I think on this serius forum we should not use such words. There is lot of ways to express own negative opinion using “normal” words.

4. Re: Is there a list of words that is not allowed here?
    Beginner
    I give up trying to be normal

5. Re: Is there a list of words that is not allowed here?
    Beginner
    The words Folio 100 are not allowed here any more

6. Re: Is there a list of words that is not allowed here?
    Beginner
    Or is any criticism of Toshiba's pathetic response to their customers problems.
    Peter

7. Re: Is there a list of words that is not allowed here?
    Beginner
    Toshiba are simply pathetic - so is the Folio 100. It should never have been brought to market! And now the silly boys want to censor any criticisms or efforts by folk to re-write their dreadful firmware.
    I will NEVER touch anything Toshiba ever again!

8. Re: Is there a list of words that is not allowed here?
    Beginner
    G'day Nutz,

Thanks for your replyI'd really like to show you the response I have written to your reply but incredibly, even though I can't see any swearing etc in my message I am getting this

"Your message contains profanity or inappropriate language. In the interests of your fellow forum users, we would ask you to amend your message." What the heck are these fools on about.

Can you get back to me and tell me how I can show you what I wrote.

It's basically about the censorship of docos of native tribes by pixellating out their "bits".

9. Re: Is there a list of words that is not allowed here?
    Beginner
    I wanna show you what I just had flagged as not appropriate etc but because of that flagging I can't.
    What planet are these people living on who make up this nonsense about what they say is right or wrong.

Believe me, there was nothing wrong with what I tried to post as a reply.

Kids in the primrary school playground would even larf at this dopey censorship.

10. Re: Is there a list of words that is not allowed here?
    Beginner
    I have just noticed that a moderator now looks at everything I post.
    Man O man,I must be extra BADDDDDDDDDD!

I really don't give a stuff about that.
    It's just that all this childish censorship is frustrating as it makes it hard to just be normal.

11. Re: Is there a list of words that is not allowed here?
    Beginner
    I have just noticed that a moderator now looks at everything I post. I see this warning message every time. Or more appropriately, I see it as a veiled threat that my every move is being watched by a secret mob of censorship coppers.
    """The message to be posted may contain inappropriate terms or language. This message will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be posted in the forum. For more information please refer to "Help" on the menu bar."""

I don't need HELP

Man O man,.,I must be extra BADDDDDDDDDD!

I really don't give a stuff about that.
    It's just that all this childish censorship is frustrating as it makes it hard to just be normal.

12. Re: Is there a list of words that is not allowed here?
    Master
    *@frostytosh*
    I think sometimes the postings needs to be checked by moderator because the content contains an term which is set on the “black list”.
    This is nothing unusual and most “big” forums support such function.
    I’m a member since a long time here and this happens also from time to time to me.
    This does not mean that you are “bad” but this happens because of some "bad" terms.
    Have a good time here in the forum ;)

Greets

13. Re: Is there a list of words that is not allowed here?
    Beginner
    So how are you supposed to know which term or word has caused a posting to be refused.
    Do you have to completely go through a whole reply or message and muck about changing words and trying to resubmit it.
    Why doesn't whatever the word or term that this website is refusing to load be shown.Instead of this silly and frustrating generic message that says it may contain stuff that is inappropriate.

As I said to Nutz,.,I'd like to show you the contents of my innocent and innoffensive reply that is being refused.
    Can I some how get it to you, so you can tell me where abouts I have written something that is so wrong it can't be posted.
    I'm fairdinkum about this.