Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A300-1G5 is not detected on Toshiba support page

1. Satellite A300-1G5 is not detected on Toshiba support page
    Beginner
    Hi guys,

please do me a favour. i am in Dubai, i bought my Toshiba laptop in Dubai. That is Satellite A300-1G5, Sr.No. 98487056Q.
    The problem is: whenever i try to find my laptop in Toshiba help and support web site, it is not detecting my machine.

I have tried Auto detect, putting serial no in the box, both option, but all returns with the same result---- not available in region.

Until I detect my machine I am unable to identify the exact driver and so cannot check for updates.
    It is strange that Toshiba laptop is not getting found by Toshiba website.

Can anybody help me?

2. Re: Satellite A300-1G5 is not detected on Toshiba support page
    It can happen that system somehow cannot identify notebook model but for drivers download it is just important to know first part of the part number.
    So your notebook belongs to PSAG4E series and on Toshiba download page you can define exact notebook model and see which drivers are available.

Have you tried to choose your product manually?

http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/generic/SUPPORT_PORTAL/

3. Re: Satellite A300-1G5 is not detected on Toshiba support page
    Master
    Hi smarjit1,

I agree with Dr.Lamp. You should check the specifications on the bottom side of your notebook to identify the exact model number like PSAG4E. With this number you can find all drivers and tools they are pretested.

Follow the link posted by Dr.Lamp.
    On this site you have to select:
    Notebook => Satellite => Satellite A Series => Satellite A300 => PSAG4E

Now all available downloads will be displayed! :)

4. Re: Satellite A300-1G5 is not detected on Toshiba support page
    Beginner
    now i get a no of download listed.but i don't know what to install what not to install.

i don't know exactly what version of drivers are installed in my laptop presently.

sometimes it has been observed that after download, when i try to install some driver updates, message coming , "does not match with your system" -- or something like that.

can anybody please guide?

5. Re: Satellite A300-1G5 is not detected on Toshiba support page
    Master
    Hi,

As said Dr.Lamp, your laptop belongs to PSAG4E. Go to the [European Toshiba Driver Page|http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp] and check

6. Re: Satellite A300-1G5 is not detected on Toshiba support page
    Master
    Hey smarijit

Do you have some problems with your notebook?
    I mean when everything runs well and stabile why to change anything. Generally speaking all these updates or newer version don't change much and you will not see much difference comparing it with original version you got with your notebook.

I have the same notebook model and it still runs with original Toshiba stuff.

7. Re: Satellite A300-1G5 is not detected on Toshiba support page
    Beginner
    Macius,
    its better to stay with your opinion.
    now i have 1 question -- another.
    i have checked the phisibility of upgrading to windows 7 buy my laptop comes under limited driver option.
    i scare that if i upgrade to windows 7 i will loose some feachers from the original as it is "limited Driver " option.

am i correct?

8. Re: Satellite A300-1G5 is not detected on Toshiba support page
    Master
    Hi again.

I use my Satellite A300 with dual boot option and I have installed Win7 on my second HDD partition. just wanted to see how it runs.
    To be honest I am more than happy. Satellite A300 runs with Win7 perfectly.
    All Toshiba stuff is available and I have installed all Toshiba drivers, tools and utilities. It runs much better than Vista.

You can install your own Win7 32bit version and all offered stuff from Toshiba download page following this installation order:
    -Win7
    -chipset driver
    -storage manager
    -display driver
    -sound driver
    -modem driver
    -supervisor utility
    -infrared
    -patches
    -configfree
    -VAP
    -toshiba hardware setup
    -HDMI control
    -WLAN driver

Everything works well but missing some drivers

Added Vista stuff:
    -Toshiba assist - work properly
    -Card reader - installed properly
    -Webcam driver for A500 - tested with Skype - work properly.
    -Synaptics driver

If you have more questions or you need some help with Win7 installation let us know.

9. Re: Satellite A300-1G5 is not detected on Toshiba support page
    Beginner
    thank you everybody answered my question