Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Satellite A505 S-6030 - Very slow start-up

1. Satellite A505 S-6030 - Very slow start-up
    Beginner
    i just bought my lap 2 weeks ago (.A505 S-6030) and im using now some more program >> kaspersky 2011, Alcohol 120 % , firefox , yahoo , IDM , Gom player , Oracle 11g , sql developer

how come its very high spec....and its start up that slow ...its even slower that my prev lap and it was much lower spec ....

another problem ....also in the start-up when i open the task manager it says that 2 GB is in use in the memory and 2 is free .... i only open one program now (Firefox) does it takes 2 GB ?? i dono ...PlZ Helpp

Message was edited by: azaher77

2. Re: Satellite A505 S-6030 - Very slow start-up
    Master
    I advise you to uinstall Tempro utility, it makes Windows to startup slowly.
    You don't even need to uinstall.

Just remove from startup option (msconfig)

3. Re: Satellite A505 S-6030 - Very slow start-up
    Beginner
    sorry but what is the Tempro utility .. there r " eco utility"
    and there r alot of prog i dont even know what is the using of it like ( toshiba zooming utility , toshiba button support , toshiba flash cards , smart face watcher , toshiba hdd protection and alert , usb sleep and charge ,........... etc )

4. Re: Satellite A505 S-6030 - Very slow start-up
    Master
    It's called tempro. I have made a screenshot

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/4040/terr.jpg

You can also disable in startup option:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1364/tttre.jpg

Message was edited by: Jeka-??

5. Re: Satellite A505 S-6030 - Very slow start-up
    Master
    Every new and original preinstalled laptop is delivered with many different programs and applications and most of them are set to start with operating system itself.
    You must imagine that this load takes a lot of time so you will be faces with slow boot up process.

To compare this with old notebooks and old operating systems is not so relevant and important.
    Many programs that you have installed additionally are also designed to start with operating system and they runs in the background.

To make boot up process faster disable all useless applications in start up (start > run > MSCONFIG > startup).
    As you can see many Toshiba specific applications are enabled there too. Check userís manuals document and pick up some info about all this. All Toshiba specific programs you don't need you can disable there.