Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Registration reminder suddenly not working ?

1. Registration reminder suddenly not working ?
    Beginner
    Laptop purchased in February and has been successfully registered for warranty etc with Toshiba. In the last 10 days I have had repeated error messages that the Toshiba registation reminder has stopped working - the windows error message is in fact :

Description
    Stopped working
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Registration\ToshibaReminder.exe

I don't understand why this reminder exe would need to run at all (although there seems to be a related config file dated 23 July 2009 ........which implies the registration tool may THINK my laptop is now out of warranty ?

All this has occurred at the same time as repeatin WIN7 "blue screen of death" crashes and I am wondering if they are connected ..specifically if the Toshiba program malfunction is the cause of the BSOD ?

2. Re: Registration reminder suddenly not working ?
    Master
    Hi,

You have already registered your laptop, so you can remove it from the system , now. Go to control panel to uninstall it.

3. Re: Registration reminder suddenly not working ?
    Beginner
    Hi - Thanks - I'll happily remove it but what, exactly, is it called as I don't see it listed when I look via control panel ?

I see the following Toshiba programs :

Assist
    Bulletin Board
    ConfigFree
    Disc Creator
    DVD Player
    eco utility
    Extended time for windows mobility center
    face recognition
    Flash cards support utility
    Hardware setup
    HDD/SSD alert
    Manuals
    Online Product Information
    PC health monitor
    Photo service
    receovery media creator
    recovery media creator reminder
    reelTime
    SD memory utilities
    Service station
    Supervisor password
    Value Added package
    Web camera application

So none of those seems to be "registration reminder" ?

EDIT - I DO see something called "TRDC reminder" listed in the Toshiba Folder on the C drive under "program files x86" - is that it ..(although it doesn't appear as a prog I can uninstal via control panel).

I also see a folder called "registration" within the Toshiba folder under C drive Program Files, but again that folder doesn't appear in control panel.

Message was edited by: Mcroz

Message was edited by: Mcroz

4. Re: Registration reminder suddenly not working ?
    Master
    Unfortunately, this utility is not available on my laptop and I can't check it myself. But can you go to system configuration option and check it in startup option:

Control Panel-(administrative tools)
    http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2996/startrup.jpg

5. Re: Registration reminder suddenly not working ?
    Beginner
    OK - I have disabled it in startup - that should fix the "problem" ?

6. Re: Registration reminder suddenly not working ?
    Master
    > OK - I have disabled it in startup - that should fix the "problem" ?

let us know if fixes :)

7. Re: Registration reminder suddenly not working ?
    Beginner
    Well ...it seems to have stopped the message about registration not working - but I am still experiencing periodic WIN7 crashes (I have posted elsewhere on that subject). I have also had 2 separate instances where CHKDSK has interrupted startup in the last 2 days (last time fixing a number of apparent problems - so I have my concerns now about how this machine is behaving .......afetr 7 months of previous trouble free operation.

At least it's under both manufacturer and retailer warranty in case of HW failure (and it is backed up on external HDD via the WIN7 backup routine - assuming that is working !)

Thanks for your help.