Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Optical bay caddy for Tecra S10-106

1. Optical bay caddy for Tecra S10-106
    Beginner
    Hello,

I would like to use a SSD instead of the conventional HDD, but the SSDs are really expensive and therefore I would like to replace the optical drive with my conventional HDD. The optical drive is not often used and therefore I am looking for an optical bay caddy that easily replaces the DVD player. I know from old Tecra systems (e.g. 8100), that such a bay was available.

I do not want to use an external disk, because I do not like to carry to many devices with me. Please can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.
    black_dragon

2. Re: Optical bay caddy for Tecra S10-106
    Master
    Hey mate,

I know there are such optical by caddy for certain Toshiba notebooks but I donít know if they are available for Tecra S10 and if itís possible.

You should ask an authorized service provider in your country. If such a optical bay caddy is available, you order if from the technicians and they can give you a detailed answer. :)

3. Re: Optical bay caddy for Tecra S10-106
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have asked Toshiba and a service provider as well, but unfortunately nobody could help. They couldn't say yes it will work or no it won't work. The only thing was, there is no bay available especially for Tecra S10. With other bays it might work, but they do not know.

If someone has tried the "old" bays, it would be great if he could send me some feedback.

4. Re: Optical bay caddy for Tecra S10-106
    Master
    Well, seems you need to test this simplyÖ
    I know that some older Tecraís support this but I also didnít find any certain caddies for S10Ö
    However, if you would have some more details and infos about this please share it with us!