Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra R10 - Change to SDD internal disk

1. Tecra R10 - Change to SDD internal disk
    Beginner
    Hello,
    I have a Toshiba Tecra R10

I want to change my disk for one SSD disk but i don't no how to open the computer. Please, can you tell me if there are some videos in youtube to explain how to do that?

Thank you.

2. Re: Tecra R10 - Change to SDD internal disk
    Master
    Hey,

Friend of me has Tecra R10 too but itís not easy to exchange the HDD because you have to remove a lot of parts, like keyboard, Base Assy and a lot of screws. If you exchange the HDD on this notebook you should know what you do because itís a tricky procedure and you should have experience with notebook disassembling.

If you donít know how to do it you should contact a notebook technician for help. The guys can help you exchange the drive and there you can order a new HDD or SSD too. :)

Here is list of service partners that can help you:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Find an authorized service provider

3. Re: Tecra R10 - Change to SDD internal disk
    Akuma
    Opening this laptop can be a complicated and delicate task, so it would be best if the laptop was sent to an ASP for the Drive replacement. They will probably charge you about 1 hour labor,