Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M200 - Toshiba splash screen comes up and then nothing

1. Portege M200 - Toshiba splash screen comes up and then nothing
    Beginner
    My Portege M200 doesnt boot.

Turn it on and toshiba splash screen comes up and remains like that. Nothing would work (Neither F2 to enter BIOS)

Any ideas ?

2. Re: Portege M200 - Toshiba splash screen comes up and then nothing
    Master
    Hey,

For me it sounds like hat there is a certain hardware problem so the computers stops at Toshiba BIOS screen...

It’s really hard to say what could be the reason…

First of all you should follow the instructions in this article and maybe it helps:
    [Which steps should be followed if your Toshiba notebook doesn't start?|http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=21]

3. Re: Portege M200 - Toshiba splash screen comes up and then nothing
    Beginner
    as a matter of fact that error of splash screen stopped on its own without me doing anything .... now i got problem with cmos battery and it says to press F1 to adjust date , problem is that F1 button is missing and im trying to press it using my car key but no help :) . the laptop was given to me since he was about to throw it away ... i think if it doesnt cost much to repair its worthed to try and fix it ...

so to solve my keyboard problem best option is to get a USB keyboard & continue testing the laptop , right ?

rtc battery is low or checksum is inconsistent

4. Re: Portege M200 - Toshiba splash screen comes up and then nothing
    Hi

> so to solve my keyboard problem best option is to get a USB keyboard & continue testing the laptop , right ?

I think the F1 button would leads you to the BIOS.
    If you are not able to use the internal keyboard, then you should replace the internal keyboard or should use an external one (USB keybaord).

Press F1, check the data and time, save the changes and try to reboot the unit.

PS: possibly the CMOS battery was empty and you should recharge it again. In order to do this, you have to run the notebook for about 24 hours connected to AC adaptor.