Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A300 - Touchpad and keyboard issues

1. Satellite A300 - Touchpad and keyboard issues
    Beginner
    Hi,

my touchpad stopped functioning properly half a year ago. Additionally it blocks my keyboard as well. If I go to sleep mode then start the notebook again then the keyboard starts functioning but not the touchpad. Then at some days touchpad comes back to life and works for a while perfectly.

Also, the notebook has started to heat up recently, especially around the touchpad's place.

I have my drivers installed so I guess that it should not be a problem. What can be?

Thanks.

2. Re: Satellite A300 - Touchpad and keyboard issues
    Master
    Hi buddy,

Maybe you should update the touchpad driver. You can download driver updates on official Toshiba website:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com

There you should find a newer version of touchpad driver.

Regarding the keyboard it would be interesting to know if the same happens with an external one. Can you test this please?

3. Re: Satellite A300 - Touchpad and keyboard issues
    Beginner
    External keyboard works fine, connected through one of the USB port.

Thanks, I will try the driver update,

4. Re: Satellite A300 - Touchpad and keyboard issues
    Beginner
    I've checked my drivers, I have the latest ones. Though I see that touchpad drivers are not available for win7. I guess the vista ones have to work then.

5. Re: Satellite A300 - Touchpad and keyboard issues
    Master
    Hello

If you canít find Windows 7 drivers you have to use the Vista driver, thatís right.

By the way: Have you noticed the same problem with factory settings? I mean the preinstalled Vista version that comes with your notebook.

If not it seems to be a Windows 7 (driver) issue. Maybe itís something wrong with your Windows 7 installationÖ

6. Re: Satellite A300 - Touchpad and keyboard issues
    Beginner
    Actually this thig started under Vista so that's when I decided to upgrade to win7.

7. Re: Satellite A300 - Touchpad and keyboard issues
    Master
    Hello

If you have the same problem on preinstalled Vista version it might be a touchpad malfunction. Maybe it must be replacedÖ

You should contact a service partner in your country. The guys can check the touchpad for malfunctions and replace it for you. :)