Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Cannot enable and use Wi-Fi on my Satellite L500-176

1. Cannot enable and use Wi-Fi on my Satellite L500-176
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have a Toshiba L500-176 with Windows 7 Home Premium (64), only one month old and I have a problem with it.
    Suddenly, it stopped connecting via wifi, I thought it would be to have installed or uninstalled a program and restores the system to a previous point where if it worked, but still did not detect connections, so I restored the former point, asin but I kept working.
    I have tried to activate the wifi with the famous combination fn + f8 but as happens to many people is no particular combination appears on the screen (but on the keyboard). So look at the ConfigFree where it appears that the wlan connection is not available. "

The connections via ethernet cable running smoothly, but as withdrawal cord, no wifi option anywhere.

I tried to fix it with drivers available for this model but no way, as a last alternative format the computer to see if he returned to its original state, but still not working, the wifi light comes on only when you reboot, at first.

There a solution? why looking for information I've found many people with the same problem and few solutions.

PD: certainly in the device manager you see only the Realtek PCIe Controller Family. And right now I have no ethernet cable connected...

Message was edited by: Maryan

2. Re: Cannot enable and use Wi-Fi on my Satellite L500-176
    Master
    Hi,

> as a last alternative format the computer to see if he returned to its original state, but still not working
    > certainly in the device manager you see only the Realtek PCIe Controller Family

As I see, you have made a factory restores settings but it is still not working. Also, it's not shown in device manager that makes me think that there is hardware malfunction related to wifi module. You said it's only one month and still under warranty. So, contact the Asp (service center) in your country:

http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/generic/ASP_SUPPORT/