Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L500-1C7 Cannot install Intel graphic driver

1. Satellite L500-1C7 Cannot install Intel graphic driver
    Beginner
    I can't install the drivers for my graphic card on my computer. It's a satellite L500-1C7.
    You can see her configuration here :
    fabricant : Intel
    model: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

On the intel's website, they said to download the drivers on toshiba's website but here the drivers doesn't install.
    During installation a message saying:

"Ce système ne possède pas la configuration minimale requise pour l’installation du logiciel. Le programme d’installation va s’arrêter."

I could traduct it by "the system doesn't have the minimal configuration requiered for the program's installation. The installaion program is going to stop.
    I've download this drivers :
    02/12/09
    Chip Set Utility
    Intel Windows 7 - 64 Bit 9.1.1.1019 World Wide

I'm sure this is the good drivers, so what could i do in order to install this drivers what i need?

Sorry for my bad english !

2. Re: Satellite L500-1C7 Cannot install Intel graphic driver
    Generally speaking it is always recommended to use Toshiba drivers only. Toshiba drivers are tested and adapted to work with graphic card placed in notebook. There is also “mechanism” to protect graphic card from overheating and damaging.

If you check this forum you will find many users with same problem. graphic card manufacturers write on own download pages that for mobile PCs it is strictly recommended to use drivers from notebook manufacturer.

I believe you think it is good driver but do you also think that Toshiba’s driver is not good or not good enough?

3. Re: Satellite L500-1C7 Cannot install Intel graphic driver
    Beginner
    When i check if my drivers are update, programs say me it's not the better i can find. I've been redirected on toshiba's website but as i've already say, when i want install it's not good...
    I know the drivers is not good because when i want to play a game, i've many lags and i can't play whereas the game as a detection's program who said all the composent are ok but with the low graphism it's the same problem.
    My others drivers are update, there is just the driver for the graphic card which is not update so i think it can only be him the responsable of the lag...
    If i telling help here it's because i know that i have to use Toshiba drivers only, so what could i do for update the drivers who need to be update but who bug when i launch installaion?

4. Re: Satellite L500-1C7 Cannot install Intel graphic driver
    Master
    I hope you know that your Satellite is not gaming machine and has Inter shared memory graphic card so you cannot expect some excellent performance.
    >programs say me it's not the better i can find
    It is logic because graphic card manufacturers offer new drivers often than notebook manufacturers.

5. Re: Satellite L500-1C7 Cannot install Intel graphic driver
    Beginner
    I didn't speak of the graphic card but of the drivers. A website who analyse your configuration and your drivers said my drivers wasn't update. And as i've already say i've been redirected on toshiba website but when launching installation there is a bug.
    I know my computer is not gaming machine but i tried with a game of 2006 (it's not like a new game...) and as i said the detection of the game show that i can play without problems.
    I'm sure that i need the toshiba's drivers but why a bug appears during installation?

6. Re: Satellite L500-1C7 Cannot install Intel graphic driver
    Master
    What bug? What are you writing about?
    What are you doing with your notebook?

According notebook specification it was delivered with preinstalled WIN7 64bit HOME PREMIUM and with 32bit DVD installation disc.
    So I presume you use original 64bit operating system. Have you removed Toshiba preinstalled driver before you tried to install Intel driver?
    Maybe you have messed up something. Install OS again using HDD recovery procedure and you will have “factory settings” again with original display driver from Toshiba.
    > When i check if my drivers are update, programs say me it's not the better i can find.
    I believe you. I don't know how you check this but don't forget you have mobile computer and not some powerful graphic card for desktop. For such graphic cards you can get new drivers almost every week but on mobile units it is completely different.

Can you send screenshot of this “bug”?